Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I just finished that as it goes. It looks to be a solid addition at some point.

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    R3E M4 GT4 and Cayman got some competition! Pretty similar awesomness in ACC! :D

3. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Before, ACC was the to-go-to sim for GT3, this claim now expands to GT4 as well. GT3 and GT4 is Kunos country. I like the cars I tried so far tremendously, each of them has its own character, its own typical "traits" in behaviour. The visual and accoustic representation is top class, is benchmark quality.

Their approach to cars - limiting diversity of car classes for the sake of more specialization and details in those that there are - pays off once again.

• Like Like x 1
  4. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    @Skybird

Is it possible, that you share your graphics settings? I'm not able to get a decent visual quality here in my Rift S. Mostly I got 80 FPS in my headset, but the image is very basic. It's not about the details, it's more about flickering, edges e.g.

Merci :)

5. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    c:/user/"name"/AppData/Local/AC2/Saved/Config
    This is the complete content of my engine file.
    GameUserSettings:
    Dont know what my frames counter would say, I do not care - animations, camera turnings are smooth, and fluent, more I cannot ask for. Replay suffers a bit from trackside camera. Ghosting no longer as bad as it was at launch, in cockpit practically unnoticable, with external cams a bit more visible. Car fields usualy 24-26 cars. CPU/GPU get hot, however, very. I do night races in thunderstorms occasionally - tougher the sim cannot become for the hardware. Smooth, but hot.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  6. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I know from our latest discussions. Thank you, I will definetly try them out :)

7. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well as usual I'm getting bugger all but grief from the latest ACC update, Alpine missing its dash, a lot of greyed out settings in the view menu, so I can't get a decent seat position and I can't turn the wheel and hands off. :mad: My main issues are exactly the same though, little to no sensation of speed, dull, uninformative FFB and the total lack of any consistency when trying to push to the limits, plus it still runs like crap on my PC, very little point in even starting this Sim up for me. Maybe try again after the next update, guess one will be appearing soon to iron out some of the many issues that abound this Sim.
    Why oh why does it feel like I'm doing 2 miles an hour, yet if I tap the wall the car is totalled, something fundamentally wrong with the physics of this Sim, feels like I'm driving in treacle, not one of the cars feel nimble, in fact they all feel lethargic, lifeless and dare I say dull as ditch water!

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Friend,
    reading your last posts, I've got the impression you're changing from GooseCreature to ScroogeCreature.:(
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    No idea what sim your driving but ACC is far from having lifeless FFB, as for the Alpine I gues the racing version has no need for the normal dash just the digital one.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Chris Haye does every car of the pack here:

I just drove the remaining three cars I had not test-run so far. What strikes me is that the differences between the cars in this GT4 pack are more obvious, the contrast in their differences to each other are more obvious I mean, than in the GT3 "pack". The GT3 cars all feel more closely, are different but still more comparable to each other, which maybe is logical when considering the tighter rules for technical preconditions, the GT4 as I understand is allowing more diversity there, and the cars, as Chris Haye mentions, are closer to the road cousins of theirs, than the GT3 cars are.

It seems I take greater fun from driving these GT4 cars, than the default GT3 cars. They also are more forgiving over curbs. Much more forgiving. And the cars are easier to catch again , once I had lost them.

The track pack at an unknown date (? is it still unknown?) will bring Donington (good), Oulton Park (okay), Snetterton( visually, being dead couldn't be more boring). What I really wonder is: do they have any more tricks beyond that on their plan-list? Especially tracks would be in demand, i would say, since the car classes of GT3 and GT4 are something that many, many players can happily live with.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  11. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    If you use your calculated degrees of FoV in every sim they should all feel the same in this regard...

Maybe you already overdrive the cars ?

Take a look here and listen starting at 39:00 minutes:

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    The Alpine is not missing its dash... the racing version has the dash only on the wheel while the "regular" dash is turned off, and you can see the same in some onboard youtube videos of the real car (depending on the car version).

As for the sensation of speed and FFB I can only guess there's something wrong with your setup... the sensation of speed is exactly the same I have if I drive the same car and track combo on a different sim (becouse my FOV settings are also the same), and the FFB, while it lacks the almost "absurd" level of detail of something like Automobilista, certainly feels plenty believable and informative for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Wow, I didn't expect this video to be as insightful as it was. I thought he would talk about something I already know, but decided to watch anyway because... you never know, right? And I think I now understand why I'm so slow in FWD cars, it looks like they suffer from "overdriving" much more than RWD ones...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Aris has alot very useful videos for ACC on his channel. And as physics dev he knows ACC in and out. I also like how he explains everything in words, with his hands and shows it live on track. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Aris whole TL : DW playlist is worth a look. This is some insight, that also helps with every other racing sim.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Well bought the GT4 DLC.. what a great package it is..:D Had a great time on Zandvoort with the first 4 cars in row.
    Alpine A110 GT4
    Aston Martin Vantage GT4
    Audi R8 LMS GT4
    BMW M4 GT4

Can't wait to test the remaining 7 cars..

17. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    The FFB in ACC is over dampened on my T300, makes everything feel sluggish, unresponsive and uninformative, what can I say, that is how it feels compared to all the other Sims, no matter what I try settings wise. The Alpine has no dash, either analogue or digital, nowt, bugger all.

18. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    The Alpine has no dashboard active, only a "tablet" mounted on the steering wheel's centre. If that is gone too for you, then it either is a bug after their hotfix yesterday, or it is your rig, or a new setting that allows to swithc it on and off (I doubt it, but I have not checked it).. The hotfix fixed a bug where the tablet was visible still even when the virtual wheel was switched off, so it is possible that they may have broken somethign there.

That there is no dashboard in the cockpit instrumets panel behind the wheel, is intentional.

The FFB is what it is, it is subtle, and very detailed - but subtle, since the effects in many other sims are overdone or/and people use to overdose FFB in their settings. With my wheel, I get FFB that I would consider to be almost perfect in credibility. If people get muscle cramps by fighting against the FFB in their wheels and think that is realistic because it isstrong, they are wrong.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
  20. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Guessing you can afford a modern PC, have stated that my machine is getting a bit long in the tooth now but not so old that it can't run every other Sim perfectly well (apart from RR which slows to a snails pace at every nVidia update, so once a bloody week) I'm using a 4th gen Intel i7 paired with a 1080. I run the same FOV on all Sims also, its not so much the overall speed of the game, its the feeling the car is nearly at a standstill (or feels it) but touch the grass or a wall and it implies I was breaking the land speed record and throws me into catastrophe, just doesn't feel like the others, feels spongy in comparison. Tiz a bit bah humbug for me this one as I support all the Sims, regardless of the amount I use them, It is my only hobby and they all make their way to my playlist eventually, plus I think all Devs need as much support as possible. I'm sure if I had the latest, greatest kit it may well feel more as you describe but as is, for me, it just doesn't feel right, its almost as if someone has hold of my wheel as I try to turn it. Have recently (lockdown boredom) uninstalled and reinstalled my entire Sim collection, improved all of them barring ACC, just feels the same muted FFB compared to others. Bad enough having to turn the graphics down to a cartoon like state visually but to have it feel as it does, unfortunately promotes it to the bottom of my recent playlist. Did purchase the GT4's and gave them a whirl but they also felt uninspiring and as for the multiplayer aspect of ACC, great once you get a decent rating but I can't as morons just batter me out of their way at will, more chance of getting a clean race in Wreckfest. Why no option to turn the Alpine dash on, I don't use a visual wheel as I already have a wheel in my hands, why oh why would I want two?
    i have been critical of several Sims lately as I personally feel, some are starting to take the piss, of all the titles I would class as a Sim not bloody one of them get it right or indeed supply a complete title, ACC is about the closest on this point but with only 2 groups of car from the same series. The rest, just a mish mash of cars and tracks with no apparent plan or direction whatsoever.
    A lot of this also comes from the personal frustration of not physically being able to drive for more than a few minutes at a time at the moment due to health problems. So firing up a Sim only to get issues just gets on my Goat. Just feels like Sim racing is on a bit of a go slow, to busy slapping itself on the back from the lock down frenzy, yet every Sim has issues, some quite serious, with little to bugger all being done about it. Some Sims have had the same issues for years and what's the cure, more content, of course! I know it's not just the Sim world that is affected by this lack of releasing a finished product, it's the entirety of the software world, just isn't good enough, when did we all become beta testers?