Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    That doesn't mean too much in itself, because the OS's task scheduler does a great job at spreading the load on your physical CPU cores, but still, the CPU's single thread performance limits gaming performance. (For example, I have an 8 core CPU, so I see 20-40% load on all cores with ACC running, but in reality max thread load is around 75-85%).

2. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    You asked how many cores ACC actually uses, and you asked this embedded in a context of that you wondered whether the many cores even are needed by sims. I told you that in ACC all cores run under full load. I could check the single threads, meaning "12 cores", and still would end up with such numbers, six (or twelcve) times a number between 90 and 100%. This is not the accumulated load which then must be divided by 6, or 12. Its the individual load per thread/core.

I now add that aCC is known since long and is being described as being optimized to make use of all cores there are, as best as possible. The sim is incredibly demanding on the hardware side. And it makes my rig running 10° hotter than usual games do, I use very good ventilators, but no watercooling. All Ventilators also run at maximum speeds in ACC. Its the only game I have acchieveing this, uusally my rig is very silent. My normal game temperatures are in the high 60s to med-70s. In ACC, they reach 90, and may spike beyond that occasionally.

3. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    That was actually me who asked, don't know if you mixed it up with Balrog :) but thanks for the information.
    Definitely gonna wait and try before I update anything. The i7 3770 still works with ACC, only here and there you notice a framedrop caused by it.

But I think MFS 2020 gonna be a CPU killer with all that stuff that has to be rendered at once. Also the internet connection gonna play a very big role if you want to play with full details.

2nd wave of Alpha tests is starting now. I'm still stunned by the good looking cockpits, imagine this quality in raceroom :D
    Screenshot - 28_01 014.jpg Screenshot - 28_01.jpg

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  4. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I mixed you two up, yes, due to the page switching from poage one to two.. Sorry, my fault.

In FSX the issue was that if you had a system running it in factory statrus, adding all those mods dratsically ate up the ressources in no time. You needed big reserves if you wnamted to run the usual suspects in mods: traffic, weather, scenery, and the big bad wolf in the kitchen: complex plane and cockpit mods.

Well, lets wait and see. As I said, I marked the blip on my radar screen, but so far do nothing more.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Short Development Videos, insane :eek:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  6. Worf

Worf New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It ist fantastic :D

7. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Btw, for those who haven't been paying attention, we have a release-date: Aug. 18th.
    Pre-orders available in the Microsoft store.
    More info here:

8. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps I’m gonna buy a copy. Always liked MS Flightsims. I only need a new SSD because mine is almost full.:rolleyes:

9. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    I know the feeling.
    12 tera-bytes of external drives, and I'm still running low...... :oops:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Interesting vid..

• Like Like x 1
  11. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    That lighting and those high quality cockpit textures.... imagine that in Raceroom :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    There are people out there with far too much time on their hands. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    My two favourite things to sim... how awesome is this? (Skip ahead to roughly 4:00)

• Like Like x 1
  14. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    MSFS 2020 gonna have BHPG with rain...... and night............... and even snow.............. before Raceroom :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Well, there IS an update on the 11th which could theoretically include all four.....
    Naaaahh.... :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Downloading as we speak, I think it is around 100gb. Unfortunately there are no signs of triple screen support but I am sure it will come. The question is when?

17. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    :D you can have your snow... i rather have a clear weather in Raceroom

18. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I've the same issue with VR support.. They've confirmed it, but not sure when.

I want to be a good boy and wait for it, but I'm weak and will no doubt give in 5mins after finishing work.

19. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I didn't expect to have VR or triples in the first official installment. Just hope it will be available soon. VR and multimonitor support is an essential part of the sim as such. There are many companies and enthusiasts who are waiting for this to happen.

20. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I’m hovering above the buy button. Always had a lot of fun with FS. Bought the first couple of versions many years ago.
    Let’s hope they will supper triple screen eventually & VR of course. Although I need a new GFx card I’m afraid:eek: