What is next?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GJDriessen, Jul 10, 2020.

1. azaris

azaris Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Sector3 need to to step up their game because the competition is not slowing down.

Codies just released a major new release, F1 2020.

Kunos just released a major DLC for ACC.

Reiza came out with AMS2 with quite a bit of hype surrounding it.

Studio-397 partnered with SRO and hosted Virtual Le Mans on rFactor2 plus had related content coming out at the same time.

Project Cars 3 is coming even if it looks like a simcade title at best.

Meanwhile Sector3 have... released a couple of Porsches, Daytona and then nothing all summer. The multiplayer lobbies are mostly empty, big streamers are all on ACC or F1 2020, literally no one streaming R3E anywhere. What are the big plans, where's the hype guys?

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    The amount of new games with little improvements flooding the sim world right now is too much for the normal person. Imo the Raceroom way is best: Stick with one title for a long time instead of having to buy the same game year after year. There is no need for 'stepping up'. The December update is just 6 months old and changed Raceroom groundbreakingly while still keeping the game it is.
    And there is much more to come.
    Greetings

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. TheOutdriver97

TheOutdriver97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Obviously everybody is entitled to their own opinions but I think Sector 3 have put together the most enticing racing sim over the last few years. I also appreciate their efforts to improve/fix things I've already bought rather than trying to sell me game after game. The competition does very little for me at the moment.

F1 2020 - if you don't really have a huge interest in open wheel racing (which I don't) then this game offers nothing so I can't say I've tried it.
    ACC - probably the next most enticing sim after R3E as it has the biggest selection of GT3 cars, some cool DLC plans such as GT4 and British GT and some cool features but there are some major annoyances (frame rate and AI to name a couple).
    AMS2 - very few classes with more than one or two cars to choose from, it feels like they've just licenced whatever vehicles they could get on the cheap, it could be a great game but I have no interest in trying it.
    Rf2 - everybody raves about the tyre model but wait times can be frustrating, damage and sound can be weird and having to mod the game to get the content you want can get messy.
    PC3 - I found PC2 to be a broken mess and felt ripped off, the PC3 trailers and previews were going to need to seriously impress for me to even consider it, as it turns out they did the exact opposite.
    iRansom - the will to extort as much money as possible out of players makes me not want to play out of principle. The TCR Australia eSports race at Zolder on iRacing also sticks in my mind, the invisible wall on the first chicane kept causing carnage and many classes only have one or two cars to choose from.

Sector3 may not have the biggest development team but getting full licenced classes for some of the racing series offering the best quality of racing (WTCR, ADAC GT Masters, DTM, Porsche Carrera Cup and the list goes on) is good with me.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. george4203

george4203 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    R3E is one of only two racing games I have installed the other is rf2 and I own all of them except for Iracing and AMS2.
    It would be fantastic if sector 3 could add a day/night cycle, Le Mans and to play offline, for me its already the best but additions like these would put R3E in a class of its own. Thanks sector 3 for all the hard work put into this game.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Jukka Karppinen

Jukka Karppinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    I've been playing quite lot AMS2 lately, really nice modern graphics,ffb and VR performance are attractive combo for me.So i was bit worried R3E would feel outdated when i swicth back to it some time ago. Fortunately my worries were unnecessary. R3e still have top class physics (latest versions) and the feeling of being in the cockpit is really good (in VR), better than other sims in my opinion. Initially after switch i felt that r3e FFB was missing quite lot of rear end feel of the cars, got some sudden spins but after some tuning that feeling is mostly gone by now. Especially gr4/5 cars are so good that i don't think they will be beaten by other titles by anytime soon.
    Some graphic updates and boost for VR performance would be great in future thought.

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I've also been playing AMS2 a lot lately and i agree with you. Every time i startup R3E after been playing AMS2, i'm surprised how good this game still is. I drives good and it still looks good (for a dx9 game).
    But at some point they have to switch to more modern engine and i'm sure this will happen some time in the future.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  7. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    RRE has the best sound by far, the most ecletic range of cars and tracks and a balance of physics ranging from easy to very challenging so you don´t get bored.

The in game UI needs a serious update instead of relying on third part apps that suck system resources and the graphics are OK if not spectacular but that does mean it will run on older machines with good single core performance.

As mentioned before, you don´t need to spend 30-40 euros every 2 years on a game refresh 20 euros if spent wisely will give you the main content used in multiplayer mode.

Promotional budget is obviously lacking so the game won´t reach the fanbase of AC PC or F2020 until that changes.

8. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    agree completely, i just wish we had those historic tracks from ams2 for historic cars in r3e :cool: just imagine group 5 on historic tracks :eek:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Jukka Karppinen

Jukka Karppinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    Oh yeah, would be awesome together with maybe some more gr5 cars.

10. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Daytona, Salzburgring, Spa, Nordschleife. Road America, Silverstone, Sachsenring, Brands, Suzuka and Imola aren´t enough classic tracks for y´all?

11. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    we meant their historic versions

• Like Like x 2
  12. SuperMonacoGP

SuperMonacoGP Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Reiza is a brazilian dev studio that aims to simulate all major brazilian motorsport series, like it was on AMS1, so saying it just has what they could get on the cheap doesn't make any sense at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. TheOutdriver97

TheOutdriver97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    AMS2 might be focused towards Brazilian motorsport but that doesn't change my opinion that many of their racing classes only have one or two vehicle options and that they've licensed what they could get cheap.

Ford are notably absent despite racing against the various Chevrolets in Brazilian Stock Cars. Besides, they've obviously had a go at adding some non-Brazilian motorsport cars (Ultima, Camaro etc.) but the selection is poor.

You could argue RaceRoom is focused towards German motorsport with the various DTM, ADAC GT Masters, Porsche Carrera Cup Deutschland and Audi TT Cup seasons but it still manages to offer a good selection of other cars, brands and series with several car options competing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    That is what made me left AMS1 and the predecessor stock car. The racing offline was quite ok but I could not identify with the Brazil only stuff (tracks, cars). But if you are interesested in that series, then it will make much fun and offers more immersion to you. Would be great to have a more UK (home of motorsports) oriented game (I'm Germn BTW). I currently watch BRSCC on youtube. Hack of good close racing. Haven't seen anything coming close (in spite of BTCC ;-) ).

15. jensmuellerhig

jensmuellerhig Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I hope sector 3 doesn't wait too long with hints of what's going on behind the scenes. Ok it's summer and holiday time in many countries, but if you look at the numbers of players on Steam at the moment and compare with ACC for example, you can get a bit nervous about the future of Raceroom.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    When I look at the overall numbers for Raceroom over the years, I think that it's doing pretty fine. Despite other sims come and go, Raceroom shows a stable growth, even if it's not too big.

Untitled-1-png.png

Recent drop might look a bit worrying, but if you remove the unusual influx of players during quarantine and take in account there's also always a drop during summer, I think it's still fine and we should wait till at least autumn to make better guesses whether Raceroom is in trouble or not.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  17. jensmuellerhig

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Please do not misunderstand. I don't want to panic or say that Raceroom is in trouble, but at the moment I think that other SIM's are doing better. I've been in Raceroom since 2015 and have spent about 2000 hours and I still like it. But little more information about future projects wouldn't be wrong sometimes.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    But wasn't it always like that anyway?

19. jensmuellerhig

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately yes.

20. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I have to disagree on this one. The devs were a lot more informative in the past - until some major shitstorms broke lose after some content got delayed for some reason or just didn't arrive at the time people expected it to, although a release date was never given.

And even though I don't like the silence very much myself, I have to admit that the occasional little uproar about the silence is considerably less terrible than the delay-shitstorms were. Grown men acting up like 12 year old children, swearing and cursing, stomping their feet on the ground - because of a delay in a vidoe game (sorry: simulation). If it wasn't so sad, I'd say it was hilarious. So something had to be done and if they didn't want to either heavily moderate the forums (read: ban and delete) or outright close them down completely, they had to find another way. And this way was silence, which worked unexpectedly well. So, here you go...give your thanks to the common forum troll... :cool:

• Like Like x 2