Problem Game wont start. Hangs on startup logo

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by spyshagg, Jul 22, 2020.

1. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Is anyone having problems starting the game? I deleted everything and made a fresh install, same problem

2. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Same problem here. It starts but it's really really slow. Some hours ago initial loading was already starting to get slow but now it took like almost 5 minutes.

The first time I've checked with Task Manager in another monitor and it seemed network usage was very slow (50...100kbps). I suppose that was the game trying to connect to Sector3's servers.
    I guess that maybe there's where the problem is.

I've just tested my connection with Speedtest and it's fine (95Mbps download/20Mpbs upload)

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    It baffles me that there is no discussion around this issue. Its been happening for days.

4. raoulbea-fr

raoulbea-fr New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bonjour je rencontre le même problème y a t’il quelqu’un qui aurait trouvé une solution ?

5. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Yes, there is a solution, just wait long enough. It can take 5 min, but it does startup if you just leave it alone and have some patience.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Famous last words before a business dies.

7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Sheeesh...i ran into this issue right now and thought, my harddrive is dying...
    Well, then let's have a try... :confused:

EDIT: Gave it up...11 minutes already, i wait for a fix, that will hopefully occur... :D

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  8. .alyn.flo.

.alyn.flo. New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Same here + Error 13.

9. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    13 often means, R3E is down. The storepage also was very slow a little while ago, could be a good sign, that it actually is in fixing right now. Fingers crossed.^^

10. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Spoke to @.alyn.flo. on Discord a bit and looked into his log files.

His issue is that the process does not initialize fast at all, between 3 to 12 minutes before it actually proceeds.
    There are no log files created by the game, which means the process fails to just start for a long while, which tends to point at a system issue.

Once his game process ends up starting, the response time from the raceroom backend is reasonably fast (200ms) so it doesn't appear to be that.

If the same occurs to you guys, can we try and find something common to all your systems?

I'm thinking Antivirus, Starforce protection, system language, windows updates, etc.

• Like Like x 3
  11. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Last windows 10 update was last week on the 16th.
    No Dedicated Antivirus.
    Same Nvidia GPU driver as when things worked well.

No changes other than the windows 10 update last week.

The issue started to happen this weekend when the game took half a minute to start, one time! But now it takes many minutes at every try. Upon starting the game, windows task manager immediately says "raceroom not responding".

• Like Like x 1
  12. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    My system:
    Windows 10 Pro, version 2004, fully updated, portuguese language (PT-PT)
    Nvidia GPU driver 451.48
    Using Windows Defender (default OS anti-virus)
    No starforce protection.

Also, I didn't do any other major changes (major upgrades, other games' installation) recently, and last week the game was starting fast.
    Right now I've got a timer running to see how long does it take and 16 minutes already passed.

BTW, the last time I managed to open the game, also menus were starting to get slow (try to into Practice).

• Like Like x 1
  13. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Also, it's trying to connect to a server, starts at 50Kbps and slow dies out, after some time connection is at 0:

upload_2020-7-23_13-54-6.png

Can it be a problem accessing that server?

(That is a screenshot from resource monitor)

14. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    My Language is also PT-PT

• Like Like x 1
  15. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    We troubleshooted for a bit more with Discord user
    Ádám Zagyva

He ended up installing a VPN to rule out any ISP issue and it turned out the game started fine for him with a VPN.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Is there any address I could try to do a traceroute to see if I've got any issues?

Btw, my ISP is MEO (Altice Portugal). Is it yours also @spyshagg?

17. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    MEO as well.

Will try a custom DNS server later tonight

18. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    I've already tried a custom DNS (Cloudflare's 1.1.1.1) and got no improvements.

19. dudasro

dudasro New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi there!
    I got the same problem and started it yesterday. Actually using dash.exe and usually starting the game with crew chief, thought first some of the addon block the game, but nothing much happend. Some times been able to start the game after few mins wait and sometimes also got kicked off from race to server menu, but true i finished some race too. Now the same problem is ON, game just try to starting...
    Then i checked my win update and found one 9 hours ago...Also found new Radeon update too, but nothing happend, still starting..
    Then i refreshed this page and scrolled down, restarted my modem and after that my IP changed 84. .. to 78. .. game just started in 10 sec!
    Thanks for the tip about the VPN!
    ISP is DIGI and in the past few days or weeks sometimes got kicked off from race randomly..

• Like Like x 1
  20. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I've made a cable-box reset. (Normally my IP shouldn't change, though, don't know if it has fixed the issue) R3E was starting up fine right now.

• Like Like x 1