Question Gearbox Damage

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by R.C. Collins, Jun 30, 2015.

1. R.C. Collins

R.C. Collins Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Ran a couple sessions today, multiplayer, DTM 92 Mustang. I was clutching to shift up and heel and toe clutching on the downshifts and the gearbox still got damaged a few laps into the practice, qualifying and race session within a few laps, no matter how careful I was.

What am I missing?

2. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Did you set your clutch pedals well?

By default you'll need to push 100% to disengage the clutch.. And no matter how careful you are you always will damage the gearbox as it's not a natural thing.

I do have set my clutch pedal to have a very early bite point giving me something way more realistic and no damage at all (or only on miss shifting)

3. NickAtsi

NickAtsi Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Me and a friend have the same problem when setting Autocluch off in the Civic WTCC '14. I do Heal & Toe and lift off the Throttle in every gear change and after 3-4 laps gearbox problems came up.

4. R.C. Collins

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm.. Clutch bite point set at 2 assuming lower means earlier, which means less travel?

5. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    yes, I use 1, I prefer an early bite point
    anyway this is really odd, I can't broke my engine if I do a "5th-1st" at high speed but the gear box.....

6. MaXyM

MaXyM Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    There is confirmed issue with clutch. Every time autoclutch is disabled, gearbox is going to be damaged quickly without reason. Even in sequential gearboxes with auto-blip/auto-lift (WTCC 2014). Probably all issues you are facing right now are related to this one

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I drove a lot of car with autoclutch off and never damaged the gearbox.
    With H shifter (M1 procar, dtm92, gr5) or even some sequential car like wtcc and gtr2 (with proper clutch use on downshifting)
    If there's an issue, it's not generalized

8. Kevin Sammut

Kevin Sammut New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

There is a new pedal setting you can set the clucth pedal to be fully pressed at 50%, that way you wont damage the gearbox

9. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    there are some classes in raceroom that use a sequential shifter with autoblip and autocutoff, also in real life drivers don't use the clutch, unfortunately in raceroom this features is still bugged and I cant figure out it takes so long time to repair

10. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Maybe this info is good to have/know..

Classes and cars to NOT use your clutch => put autoclutch ON or you'll probably break it very quickly :)

- Prototypes
    - Radical Lmp2
    - DTM13/14
    - GT3/2/1/X => the Ruf gt2 uses a sequential stick, just like the Corvette C6 gt3.. The other GT3 have pedals on the steer as far as i have seen! Only have driven the Ruf Gt2 so cant say about the Caddie, Vette and M3 Gt2
    - WTCC13/14 => uses a sequential stick, no pedals on the steer / only uses clutch for getaway when it's start.. Not for upshifting, nor for downshifting.. => autoclutch off for the start and immediately put it on after the start is the option for this..

Furthermore hope these bugs get ironed out soon! :)

11. R.C. Collins

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Thanks everyone!

12. Kevin Sammut

Kevin Sammut New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I was refering to the h shifter, you're right on the sequential gearbox, you have to enable autoclutch

13. Kevin Sammut

Kevin Sammut New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Good idea to enable autoclurch after the start. Was always having a bad start with autoclutch, sometimes I release clutch before the lights goes off to compensate that

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Personally i dont have a pedalset with clutch (yet), so it is always autoclutch on that i drive. This will soon change!

If you are sufferig from bad starts with autoclutch on.. Keep your revs about 2000revs lower than the max possible and full throttle on the right time gives you amazing getaways!