Released Game Update - 11th August 2020

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Aug 11, 2020.

1. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Update details:
    Download size = 2.9 GB
    Client version = 0.9.0.978
    Client BuildID = 5396614
    Dedi version = 65.0.1170
    Dedi BuildID = 5397334

Changelist:

• Dedicated Server - Added Scheduling feature, allowing to set up automated spawns on specified dates and times as well as a repeating pattern.
    • Player Profile - Added “Ranked Multiplayer” tab with the player’s ranked history and statistics.
    • Controller - Added two alternative FFB profiles for Fanatec DD1 and DD2
    • Controller - Reduced default FFB slip effect from 5.0 to 2.0 for Thrustmaster profiles
    • Fixed - Sepang South layout no longer locks the game up when in single race sessions using a web gameplay overlay.

Content updates:
    • Hockenheim - Updated to 2020 specs. Mostly means walls were moved closer to the track before turn 12 (Mobil 1 Kurve), but many details were updated like curbs, runoffs and environment assets such as the Porsche Experience center.
    • Lausitzring - Renamed into its new official name “DEKRA Lausitzring”. A new layout is available for free to all Lausitzring owners: the DTM Grand Prix Course. The track has been updated to 2020 specs and that includes a modified pit entry path.
    • Monza - Updated to 2020 specs with 3D curbs, textures and assets updates.
    • Nürburgring - Minor updates to update the track to 2020 specs. Some curbs, runoffs refinements.
    • Zolder - Updated to 2020 specs, which mostly means a new and freshly resurfaced track, curbs and updates to the paddock building.
    • All tracks - Adjusted initial fuel consumption estimates in order to provide more accurate values in the car setup menu before the player recorded actual consumption telemetry laps.
    • Bathurst - AI improvements
    • Bilster Berg - AI improvements
    • Dubai - AI improvements
    • Imola - AI improvements
    • Indianapolis - AI improvements
    • Macau - AI improvements
    • Moscow Raceway - AI improvements
    • Nordschleife layouts - AI improvements
    • Sachsenring - AI improvements
    • Sepang - AI improvements
    • Shanghai - AI improvements
    • Chevrolet Corvette Z06 GT3 - Fixed an off-center driving camera
    • Formula RaceRoom X-17 - AI Improvements

• Like Like x 8
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    @J-F Chardon isn't it possible to also keep the old layouts of the changed circuits? (f.e. "unsupported")

3. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Are there plans to implement the nürburgring gp updates on the 24h and vln versions of the nordschleife or are those supposed to be kept as one 2016 (or whatever year its currently based on) version rather than a mix of different years?

4. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the track updates...the new look Zolder and Lausitzring are excellent.
    (...and Monza and Nurbs.....)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
  5. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Maybe for Zandvoort - kind of changes, but for smaller visual upgrades, the older versions looked dated. Monza for example was one of our oldest tracks.

6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Great update but i still shed a tear and walk away till next update hopefully :(

7. STISH

STISH Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Hi! Great update !

Is it possible to have some kind of before / after for the circuits with the 2020 specs?
    I am most likely blind but I can't see all the differences ...

8. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    The new curbs in Monza are great. Much more friendly

9. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Something is wrong with the cut corridors on Hockenheim GP. I've had laps invalidated in turn 2 that should be valid:

20200812183741_1.jpg

Similarly, the spawn position in leaderboard challenges is offset. The AI drives too far to the left before the controls are handed over.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. NikitoS_VL

NikitoS_VL New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    In the real Nurburgring 2020, there is no big curb inside the 4th turn. He is left in the game. Or were there no plans to remove it?
    20200813014057_1.jpg unknown.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Regarding the latest updates, thanks for fixing a few issues and adding a new improved ranking system. Great job.

My thoughts regarding the physics, I think the car handling (obviously) has changed a bit but not drastic difference. I guess if you are pro racer you might find it a lot different. What I have noticed is a slightly looser feeling on the steering with most cars. I could probably make it a little bit firmer by adding a touch of friction in simucube or in-game ffb settings. Please confirm if i am not mistaken or if I am the only one who got this sensation? :D

12. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    It depends on the racing series, that kerb was used in last years DTM race:

Screenshot_2020-08-13.png

13. NikitoS_VL

NikitoS_VL New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok, but this is the fast chicane configuration used in the GT. And GT don't use this curb

14. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    FR90 AI still has superpowers at the start and first braking zone. They get away inhumanly accurate, with way less wheelspin than the player, no matter how good you start. They brake into T1 like their tyres and brakes are already totally spot on in temperature. (position loss is guaranteed)

AI 105, (no matter what track), medium tyres (like AI).

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  15. KRodrig1

KRodrig1 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    "Controller - Added two alternative FFB profiles for Fanatec DD1 and DD2"

Anything specific hat can be shared with regard to changes on these alternate profiles? What exactly do they do?

16. siri175

siri175 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Great update! Just my 2cents: I have a d-box setup and about a year ago something changed, the suspension feedback seemed borked (overly abrupt curbs or no curbs, very little road feel, harsh off-road feedback) to the point that - for me - it was unusable with motion. This update seemed to fix it. It’s possible that d-box pushed some sort of software update recently but I didn’t see anything. Either way, I can get back into one of my favorite sims, I’m very happy about that!

• Like Like x 2
  17. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The kerb was also used in last years ADAC GT Masters race. I think they only remove it for track days and the VLN races. The VLN layout of the Nordschleife doesn't have the kerb.

Screenshot_2020-08-13.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Depends on the used layout... Like ingame it is not there on all :)

19. ISRTV

ISRTV New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Raceroom spend their time following ACC, instead of following what made them great. However in saying that nothing compares to the quality of the WTCR they have. Just a shame they have some guys working there that want to be ACC

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  20. ISRTV

ISRTV New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Challenge them and i am sure they will ban you because you pay them every time but they forget to support the main sim racers! Instead they support people with no experience because WE NEED TO BE INCLUSIVE! and PC

• Disagree Disagree x 5