HUD OtterHud - A custom WebHud - With additional features

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by OtterNas3, May 7, 2019.

1. AnToN_CheZ

AnToN_CheZ New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    So happy to come back to Raceroom after a fair while of not using it, to see that the OtterHud has added the toggle key to enable disable the entire HUD. This is a GODSEND in VR.

THANK YOU!

2. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Does this include the pit menu when you request a stop?

3. AnToN_CheZ

AnToN_CheZ New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    That's part of the in game HUD I believe, and that is able to be hidden as well as far as I know with a regular in game keybind

4. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I've got that menu bound so that I can disable it as soon as it appears, but I don't want it appearing at all.

5. AnToN_CheZ

AnToN_CheZ New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Not sure you can disable that unless you simply don't request pit. I believe that costs a few seconds on the stop though

6. Nash Bobo

Nash Bobo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Problems still with Otterhud at Sepang

I was having problems with "Sepang South" in before the updates in RRE's "Single Event" and "Championship". I was told to wait for RRE's updates. Sepang South" drivers list screen would not let me in. "Game paused" in the upper left corner and no link in "continue button" of the drivers list screen. Other layouts of tracks work fine. "Sepang South" in "Leaderboards" and "Practice" worked fine. After the updates, still having the problem, so I was told to take Otterhud out, and "Sepang South" worked fine without Otterhud in "Single Event" and "Championship". Never tried "Multiplayer". (see Problem: Can't get into Sepang "South" https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/cant-get-into-sepang-south.15527/ ). If you have not read it yet . Went back and put Otterhud back in. Still Otterhud will not work with "Sepang South" in "Single Event" and "Championship". Other layouts and "Leaderboards" and "Practice" work fine with Otterhud. I took the Otterhud's string out of "Set launch options" in Steam and "Sepang South works fine in "Single Event" and "Championship". Put Otterhud's startup string back into Steam and I can't get into "Sepang South" when working in "Single Event" or "Championship". Otterhud works fine on all other layouts, "Practice" and "Leaderboards" . Something wrong with RRE's "Single Event" and "Championship" or Something wrong with "Otterhud". What do I do Otterhud?

"Nash"

7. mitchwright58

mitchwright58 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Crew Chief just updated and now Otterhud doesn't work. Raceroom is showing a "Version Mismatch" notice which also shows on the webpage ( https://otterhud.github.io/).

I thought maybe there was a new version of 'Dash.exe' but when I run that it just hangs until you open R3E.

The only way to remove the notice is to delete the Launch Option in Steam.

I love the program and really miss my displays. Any suggestions?
    Cheers-mitch

8. Pierre Hox

Pierre Hox New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I got the same after updating crewchief...
    Otterhud works if I launch dash.exe and then R3E via Steam with the launch parameters (not launching crewchief)

9. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    just pushed an update to CC to fix this, sorry for the disruption guys

• Like Like x 5
  10. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    That was quick ! Good work !

11. Nash Bobo

Nash Bobo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    In ref. to reply # 707

I don't have crew chief, so that is not my concern. For me it might be AI not working with Otterhud. "Single Event" and "Championship" are associated with AI. Were "Practice" and "Leaderboards" are not. That is my understanding. Then it could be something in Steam with it's updates. This started around Aug. 8th before RRE's updates went into my system. I can't have any extra software running because my computer would crash or acted up. Everything is cut off before I run RRE's game. You guy's that know a lot more than me about Steam, RRE and Otterhud help me think of possibility.

"Nash"

12. mitchwright58

mitchwright58 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Mr. Belowski (and thanks for the work-around earlier Pierre Hox)
    Cheers - Mitch

• Like Like x 1
  13. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    hi does anybody know what setting controls the beep associated with the opponent proximity radar

Thanks

14. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It's the beep setting. It's in the settings list for the radar.

15. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    sorry didnt explain properly sorry ---- i can turn it on but is there a way to turn the sound up

16. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Don't think so no. It is what it is.

17. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Now that the notifications of traction control and brake bias adjustments have been moved into "butterhud" system rather than being fixed, would it be possible to add them into OtterHud?

I am using OtterHud as a complete replacement of ingame hud and these adjustments currently aren't visible without turning on at least "essentials only" ingame hud.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Arent they also shown on the in car display? Of course i dont know if you can see that or if its hidden behind something on your setup but im pretty sure that generally those changes can be seen on there as well (certainly tc, not quite as sure about brake bias)

19. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Yep, the TC is shown on car display, but it's not always visible in my setup. In some cars I have the camera pushed all the way forward to the dashboard, and for example in Porsche RSR the dash is on the wheel which I have hidden.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Coanda

Coanda Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I've seen some nice adons in my time however this thing is right up there.. What a beautiful work of art.. :eek::cool:

I only have one question.. Can the widgets be scaled in size by the user..? I'd l;like to make mine a little smaller than default..

Edit Add: I worked it out.. Mouse scroll scales the widgets.. :)

A couple of questions..

1. I am doing a P2 and GT1 multi class race with 35 Ai however the position widget says 9/12 and position class says 3/6.. How can this be..?

2. The flag widget is permanently displayed. Can they be only shown when there is a blue or yellow flag..?

3. Should the auto hide spotting hide the widget when there is no opponent vehicles close by..? If so this is not working for me as the widget is permanently displayed..

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2020