So, is GTR3 still alive?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by alesi27, Sep 6, 2020.

1. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    S3 said in their Summer Dev Notes:
    So SimBin are clearly doing something, which we can only assume is GTR 3. Why they've gone completely silent with no news since forever is anyone's guess.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Well let's face it, their previous publicity efforts haven't exactly covered them in glory:rolleyes:

4. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I have a very weak conspiration theory (or let's call it wishful thinking): what if SimBin UK develops the BTCC game for Motorsport Games? I've read an interview with Stephen Hood recently and he described the game in a similar fashion to how they announced GTR3. And after ACC it would make at least some sense.

• The Game will not be a high-end hardcore racing simulation, but will also not be an Arcade game.
    • The game will not be developed by 704 Games (The NASCAR Heat dev team).
    • The game will be build using an existing third-party game engine. ( Confirming it is not UNITY)
    • The game engine can deliver the graphics and physics fidelity as seen in Assetto Corsa Competizione.
    • The game will most likely feature BTCC support series content. ( Not clear if this will be at release, or as an addon)
    • The game might possibly feature laser scanned tracks. (Not confirmed)
    • The game will feature an in-depth career mode in which you can build your own team.
    • The game will feature classic BTCC content.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Plausible. Simbin UK is working with a BTCC driver, Dan Cammish. And if someone can do FWD touring cars well, that's Sector3..

6. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    I hate conspiracy theories, because 99% of them are pure BS started by internet rumours and hearsay. I prefer things that can actually be substantiated in some way.

We know that GTR 3 was definitely in development, we know it reached a fairly advanced stage because at one point it appeared to be near release, we know that S3 are still helping SimBin UK with technical knowledge, and we know there is an advertisement for GTR 3 on the front of a car that raced just one day ago. So the evidence suggests that GTR 3 is still a thing, although whether it will ever actually make release is still unknown.

7. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I wondered that a month ago or two as well. These no doubt were seen ages ago, but I didn't remember ever seeing them. They must have had some form of licence agreed to show these publicly I'd assume.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But absolutely nothing of late still.

8. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I agree. The whole farce that was World of Cars - overhyped then endless teasers, delays and finally cancellation is a case in point. Let them work on it and if and when something tangible comes out we can be positively surprised.

9. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well if it's still called GT3 I'd say they missed the boat but if they were just waiting for Unreal 5 and Ampere I'd say their timing was perfect. If J-F hadn't mentioned them in his notes I'd have said that ship had sailed but he did and now I'm back to intrigued. Simbin looks like the place to go if you want to keep a secret, mum, is most definitely the word.

10. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
  11. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0