Question Modern Nurburgring performance

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Skev, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Skev

Skev Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I race only in VR and performance is generally no issue at all, but the Nurburgring seems substantially worse than all the other circuits.

My settings are on the cautious side as frame rate always wins over quality for me, but just seems to be this one track that has me scratching my head and wondered whether there were any similar experiences out there?

For reference I'm running a 7700k, 2080ti and 16gb ram.
    Motion smoothing is also off.

2. Coanda

Coanda Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I just purchased Nurburgring today and even though I am not a VR user the performance was a problem. I was testing 30 Ai with a custom 4K resolution using a 1080p monitor which I have had no issues maintaining 60 FPS before in RRE.

My CPU/GPU was nowhere near being loaded as my GPU was only at 60% load and most of my cores and threads were under 40% except for one or two which were 60%.

The performance issues were mainly down the start finish straight and through T1-T3 as it was dropping up to 10 FPS and stuttering a little..

3. Skev

Skev Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Seems like the performance drop is in the same place.
    That Mercedes stand must have some serious poly's in it I guess. :)

4. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    I only noticed a couple of days ago there's a roller coaster on the main straight.

5. Coanda

Coanda Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Yeah i would say so however it still does not explain the lost performance as my hardware is not on the limit..

I am building my new PC next week which will have upgraded CPU, MB and RAM. I will retest after the build..

• Informative Informative x 1