Question Trying to learn replays

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nash Bobo, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Nash Bobo

Nash Bobo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    If you turn "save replays to disk" on, were do they go on my hard drive?

"Nash"

2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    They go into your documents folder:

Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\ReplayData

3. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
  4. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Trying to share my videos with Raceroom online from the media hub page. but i can not get the share button to highlight up when i high light the video i want. I assume it would go to my profile page. How do I do it?

"Nash"

5. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I think you can only share screenshots, not replays. You would need to capture a video of your replay with a screen capturing software, and then upload it to YouTube or a similar platform.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  6. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    What do people use to play or edit the (.VCR) videos in replaydata? I can not find anything in Google that works. Tired ATI Multimedia Center but no luck. Can I upload them to Facebook or Youtube?

"Nash"

7. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Remember to clear that folder out every now and again. It can get a bit bloaty.

8. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    The .vcr files aren't video files - they are recordings of a player's & opponent's control inputs and positions (etc) which are then run through the game engine.

You'll need to record a replay to video (using OBS, Shadowplay etc) before you can edit it or upload it to wherever.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Hi Nash, unfortunately there's no way to watch those VCR files outside of raceroom. VCR files are no video files, they just contain the data, that is needed to generate the replay via the game engine solely inside the game itself.
    So, it's like @majuh wrote above. You will have to record your screen while playing back your desired replay in raceroom with a capturing software like fraps or OBC. I must admit that's a bit cumbersome. But here are a lot of nice guys to help you out if you run into some trouble.

Oli

10. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Badgerous, What folder are you talking about? Do you mean the "media hub"? I was trying to put a new screen shot up on my Profile page thru the recorder by pressing the camera on the right hand side, but nothing is showing on latest screen shot in my profile. I got about 60 screenshots and 214 videos in "media hub". I am trying to learn what I "can do", but also what I "can not" do in RRE. I believe I have a video record to record videos if that is the only way.

Were does the screenshots go when you press F12. I took dozen's of them in a replay. Got a conformation in the lower right hand screen the shots were taken.

I see were drivers are able to substitute there "news feed" for there "facebook page" on the left side of there profile page. I would like to do something like that.

Oli, yes you are right about a lot of nice guys that are willing to answer my simple basic questions about computers, Steam and RRE. They do have patience when someone that doesn't understand somethings at first.

"Nash"

• Like Like x 1
  11. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    he meant folder mentioned by majuh earlier, replay files can weight quite a lot and use your precious storage. Make sure to delete no olnger wanted replays
    about screenshot locations, its C:\Users\*Username*\Pictures\SimBin

12. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I have looked everywhere. Screenshots in media hub, replay data, windows screenshots, Am I looking in the wrong places?

Then started using Win screen print. Screen go's dark in RRE replay, but nothing in Win screenshots.

Trying to put a pix on my profile page with the RRE camera in the replay recorder. Nothing on my page. I got to be doing something wrong or do not understand something.

"Nash"

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  13. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    You can view your screenshots on the game page in your Steam library. The default location on your hard drive for the screenshots is "Steam\userdata\[Your Steam ID]\760\remote".

• Like Like x 1
  14. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    or right click steam icon on taskbar and select screenshots- it will open screenshot manager (if you cant see it there, you can enable it in "set taskbar preferences" in steam settings under interface tab)
    If you have any pics there, there should be a button to take you directly to their directory aswell. Btw, its interesting they left screenshot managed after integrating this fuction into library, but somehow in limited state

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  15. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    majuh, I am assuming those shots in "Steam\userdata\[Your Steam ID]\760\remote" were generated by the F12 key. I was hoping for something larger than a 200x125 image. But it is, what it is.

FeltHAt, thanks for the info.

Screenshots in the replay: Were are those shots. Did a couple of replays and taking screenshots with the camera on the lower right side of the "replay" mode, but nothing in screenshots in "media hub". Looked in screenshots on my profile page but they were not there. What am I doing wrong or am I looking in the wrong place?

"Nash"

16. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    In Steam go to:

View (menu item top left)
    --> Screenshots
    --> SELECT GAME
    --> Show on Disk
    Location is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\53810595\760\remote\211500\screenshots
    File size is about 250 KB - 400KB

If you end up in the thumbnails - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\53810595\760\remote\211500\screenshots\thumbnails
    then file size is only 12KB or so.

17. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    I think that's now disabled ?? Think I read that on this forum somewhere but cant find it.

18. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Skidmark, I found 1440x900 screenshots at 391 kb pixels in
    "Steam/userdata/1082818706/760/remote/21500/screenshots" in my computer. I did read in Google that the F12 key is revered for gaming screenshots.

Thanks for the info about the camera/screenshots in "Replay". The last pic's I got from that camera was 8/21/20.

"Nash"