Problem Car Focus

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nash Bobo, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Nash Bobo

Nash Bobo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    The 3 buttons on the left of the record's controls called " Car Focus." in media hub. You can take screenshots form other drivers vantage point in replay. For some reason I can not do that today. If I switch to a car other than my car, as soon as I push the shutter the camera takes the screenshot from my car's vantage point. I can move to other cars by selecting the buttons in "car focus", but can not take screenshots from that car's vantage point, only my own. What's wrong?

"Nash"

2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Which button is your screenshot button? Maybe it's the same button that automatically switches to your car.

3. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    majuh, I really don't know of any button to change a car or change the camera's position on a car. The only way I know to change vantage points on the cars are in "Car focus" on the left side of the replay recorder. Can you operate "car focus" from the keyboard? I know of none. I changed my Screenshot key from F12 to the "enter key" num lock pad on my keyboard and a key for my pit board to the letter "P" on the keyboard trying to make it easier for me. How to get my pit board back to default, I can not renumber. But you got me thinking since this started Sunday. The more I talk to you and others, the more I find out I don't know much. I can always depend on you guys to pull me out of a hole. I need more info from you.

"Nash"

4. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Yes, the numpad Enter key switches the camera to your car in Raceroom. There are also some other keyboard keys to control the replay functions, but I don't know whether there is a list somewhere.

You should use another key for your screenshots. To be honest, I would keep F12 as the screenshot button because F12 never has a different function in Steam games.

5. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    My problem was to do screenshots at Otterhud while driving with one hand. It was hard for me to hit the F12 key. Media hub replays do not pick up overlays. So you have to do them while racing live. I am done shooting at Otterhud now, so I can switch it back. But I would be interested in operating the replay recorder from the keyboard. If anyone can help me by telling me the keys that operate the replay recorder in Media hub I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Majuh

"Nash"

6. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    With Insert, Delete, Home, End, Page Up and Page Down, you should be able to switch between the various camera sets. Try + and - on your numpad to switch between the drivers.

7. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    With left ctrl + left/right arrow you can switch through all replay speeds from fast forward to fast rewind, including pause right in the middle.

In chasecam mode you can control the view with numpad keys.
    Num 7/9 zoom in/out.
    Num 4/6 rotate the camera around the car left/right
    Num 2/8 rotate the camera around the car up/down
    Num 5 reset the view to default

8. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, Arthur
    "Nash"