Problem DTM 2020 AI

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by ValentinoTaylor, Sep 17, 2020.

1. ValentinoTaylor

ValentinoTaylor New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hello there, really enjoying the DTM 2020 cars so far here, but I feel like the AI needs some tweaking.
    I take Hockenheim GP as an example since I only got time to race there so far.

- Nordkurve: on the 1st lap, some cars take too much inside kerb, spin and take out other cars in the process.
    - the hairpin: clumsy and slow on the entry, they often collide trying to overtake eachother
    - exit of Mercedes: too much grip on corner exit and in the following sweepers, they sometimes take too much inside kerb and spin
    - Mobil 1 Kurve: they brake too early and are overall slow through that corner
    - Sachskurve: they have too much grip on corner exit
    - Sudkurve: they are way too fast through both right-handers, even hitting the back of my car if they are close, then have way too much speed exiting the 2nd right-hander and on the start-finish straight

Overall the AI seems to brake a bit too early, tend to be clumsy and slow mid-corner and then compensate by having too much grip on the exit of the corner. This creates a concertina effect which makes racing "un-natural" for the lack of a better term.

AI set to 103 difficulty and 16 AI cars on the grid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ValentinoTaylor

ValentinoTaylor New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Luckily Billy Strange has made a video on the same combo, which really shows the points I made on the previous post.

3. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    How's AI with the 2016 though? In my brief test earlier, both 2016 & 2020 felt quite similar, except for the sensitive throttle w/ the latter (and obviously presence of P2P).

4. shevazri

shevazri New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have the same issue as in the video. The AI just seems off at Hockenheim. Also checked with older DTM-Series. With DTM 2013 for Example, they brake incredibly late into the hairpin, and then literally crawl through the hairpin.

5. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    not only at DTM and not only at Hockenheim. The AI can brake much later than I do (especially at classes with no ABS) but their corner entry speed at slow corners is much lower than mine.

6. shevazri

shevazri New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @anno900 Yeah thats what I noticed aswell, they can brake much later.

7. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I need to get better at breaking without abs... But AI's tight corner entry speed ist really low.

8. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    It is a pity that the problem has not yet been solved. I like this track, but AI in the last 3 corners is too fast.