Released DTM 2020

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Aug 21, 2020.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Yes but exactly this safe window makes the cars slow, if staying there.
    Yes, i have the feeling, the BMW is a bit more "direct" (i'm actually faster with the Audi, though, for some reason). No clue, how much placebo and learning curve yet, though.
    Like mentioned: Consider using driving aids...there is no shame by using low TC/ABS and low steering help + speed dependent steering with a pad. It actually feels more authentic.

2. museumsteve

museumsteve Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    I thought I was going a bit crazy at first :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Acknowledged, and actually already fixed internally. Should be corrected in next hotfix or update.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    You all kick ass. Thank you

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  5. Altdorf

Altdorf New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I did my first race with the 2020 cars yesterday and I got a few questions.
    I did a timed 60min race and didn't get any drs charges it stayed at zero.
    I think it has to do with the dtm 2015 ruleset I used.Any plans of making a dtm ruleset that works with the 2020 cars? The custom ruleset works but that one allows refuels which I don't want.

My other question is about tyre wear, what does the percentage mean?
    Grip loss is a given but are there any other effect when the tyre is at a low percentage or zero?
    I reached and did an extra lap while one tyre was at 0% was I at risk of a puncture?

• Like Like x 1
  6. mike3

mike3 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Cars are beuatifull. I dont understand, why S3 did not make new rules DTM 2020. Also I have problem with (in my opinion) too big difference AI speed between quali and race... Fix it, please.

7. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    In what direction? DTM is way faster in qualy btw.

On 102+ AI i had to hit a 1:45.9(ish?) to hit pole/top 3 closely on Nürburgring GP slow chicane qualy, while race pace required 1:47 times...seems like a reasonable difference to me, i even think, IRL the difference is even a bit more... :confused:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  8. mike3

mike3 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, I am bad driver - in Spa AI 93% - quali 2:10 - 2:11, race about 2:15. Race time is good for me, but in quali I am without chance... And what settings do you prefer, please? DTM 2015 or Custom? Thank you for reaction.

9. Riches

Riches New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Loving these cars a lot. \\
    Only touching a bit of gravel is like loosing a wheel for a few corners.
    It's also quite difficult to get the tires heated up. Temps seems a bit low.
    But i don't have real data to compare that.

10. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I'm also not at all specialized on this car class....Sounds reasonable, to be honest, i could be mistaken, not yet tried them on spa (good idea btw. also wanted to try a Nordschleife run for the lulz :D), because in Qualy you push these cars as hard as you can with low fuel and maaaan...i wasn't joking when i said, i don't find the (personal and cars) limits completely yet.

In the race you have to manage your fast degrading tyres and have a loooot more fuel + probably less DRS and P2P, so times will be less fast, because also AI utilize DRS and P2P by regulation (custom ruleset in use, AI was using both properly). (I recommend to do at least 13 laps, so the experience becomes spicey :D)
    Yeah, for qualy you have to REALLY push it. The cornering speeds are lunatic with a light car, you have to really yeet it into corners and the aero starts to make even more sense. This drives more like a lower-LMP car, than a touring car. Drive it, as if you have to go to the bathroom pretty quick and get over with it! :D

In my 2 test race weekends for both cars i used custom rules with 40 min. practice, 11 min. qualy and 15 laps race and AI was using DRS and P2P fine (also the DRS limitations were taking place correctly), even kept up with me and actively(!!!) drafting on the straights, these sassy bastar**! Just a bit slow into the first corner the 1st lap, but #justsimracingthings :D

Burnout out of the pits, weave a bit for the first corners and then drive it really hard and keep it hard over the next 2 laps and you should have a car, that might archieve at least 7 tenths to 1 second faster times, than the 1st timed lap, without totally rocketing it.

11. mike3

mike3 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much for tips and information. I tested Spa - 20 min quali and race 55 min+1 laps race....

• Like Like x 1
  12. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Have you qualified with lower fuel? (around 4 laps fuel at Spa)
    Also it's important to benefit from smart use of P2P and DRS in qualy. (the new rules for that definetly applied in custom ruleset here)

13. mike3

mike3 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I have fuel min, DRS etc. but my record only about 2:13 (vs last AI 2:1). But I am not giving up, I must train, train and train..

• Like Like x 1
  14. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I'm looking forward to run these beasts on Spa...i can see me struggling already :D

Edit: Drove a bit of AI practice and did a few hotlaps (Spa GP with the Schieb Ihn Raus(TM) car). I could reach the 2:04 region, after some hours of tryharding (now at mid 2:05s) i could imagine, but no chance for a 2:02.7 by @Jan Stange ...are you applying superglue to your tyres and fueling your car with dragster methanol or something?? :D

Nevertheless...f*cking satisfying to drive on a flow-track.

15. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Yes, you can pick up a puncture when a tyre hits 0%.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Riches

Riches New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    these cars dont drive your average racing line, brake late and in a straight line, short turn, point the right direction an go straight again.
    Making short corners wider with a regular apex, only makes the moment that oversteer can occur take longer and the moment you can apply full throttle is later.
    These things have almost as much raw HP as an F1 with tires not nearly as wide and much less downforce.
    Quite a handfull on the edge, look how many incident occur during a race.
    Even the pro's get taken by suprise every now and than.

17. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    They have 580 HP and 560 Nm (+-30 for both i would say, depending on several sources i read) at about 1 metric ton gross weight. That's not even close to an F1 car. (PU alone makes over 800+++ HP)
    The Aero actually, widely usable rpm (i also would say the brakes, as soon as they are warm) and overall chassis are the strong point, though. It's a prototype...

I have now set some times at Zolder, Spa GP and Nürburg GP Slow Chicane. And did a race on Spa...never even think of looking at the Blanchimont Kerb with open DRS >:->

18. HoiHman

HoiHman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    So what do you think guys regarding rotaries yes or no ?

option A for looks ?

[​IMG]

or option B for authenticity ?

[​IMG]

19. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    HoiHman, your right side dash is stellar!

• Like Like x 1
  20. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, but I must repeat my question, is it possible to have a DTM 2020 ruleset ingame for singleplayer mode?
    Talking about this:
    Bild1.jpg

I would really love to see this updated, almost all other series in this sim also missing this feauture. Or please tell us how to create those rulesets by ourself? They must be stored somewhere, maybe we can copy/rename/change them for our personal needs?
    Also, I think this settings needs to be updated as well, i.e. we can't set the race length to 55mins + 1 lap for DTM 2020.

Any help?

• Agree Agree x 3