Released DTM 2020

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Why cant you set the race distance to that? Normally should be possible

2. Brian Gildea

Brian Gildea Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Georg and the devs just had a live stream, I only caught a little of it but it would’ve been a great opportunity for you to ask about those rules. Maybe they did talk about it I’ll have to check. It’s on yt

3. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    I asked this question and they thought I was asking for DRS/P2P. And btw, they had a couple of races with more or less some time inbetween to answer questions. A little bit disappointing.

You can set 55 minutes or a couple of laps, but not both in combination. DTM runs 55 minutes + 1 lap, it would be great to have this as an option. Also, the DTM runs FP1 - FP2 - Q1- R1 - Q2 - R2, no chance to set this up in RRRE. The possibility to create and save rulesets by ourself would add so much to RRRE. Some of you might not believe that, but there is also a part of the game outside the ranked servers called Singleplayer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    You can set the normal race length to 55 minutes and then further down theres something along the lines of additional lap. If you activate that you should have exactly what youre looking for
    No need to tell me as i spend 90% of my time in single player ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  5. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    These DTM 2020 cars need a careful foot on the throttle. If you press the throttle to quick after a corner the car starts to spin immediately :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  6. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Top tip: Don't

More seriously, because they have huge torque it's not always necessary to shift into very low gears which helps a lot on corner exit. 1 is pretty much never used and corners that you would normally shift down to 2 can be taken in 3.

Another tip for the throttle is to change your throttle sensitivity to 100. It helps quite a lot with the dtm2020 cars as they have a strange throttle curve due to the turbo.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    It's the left foot I'm having a bit more trouble with ATM. They lock up far more easily than the '16s.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Few things i found useful to tame the evil beast:
    1. I soften the rear springs (and Lower the wing to compensate for the added understeer in mid-high speed corners). Soft rear will help a lot in low speed corner exit where there is not much downforce.
    2. I set the Diff preload to maximum - helps a lot on corner exit and I didnt feel much understeer (as I would expect with high preload).
    3. I use 3rd gear on slow corner exit, even when the corner speed is very slow, im talking about 60-70kph corners. Power is still brutal even in this slow speed and high gear, so still need to be gentle with the throttle.
    4. And the best is the notorious throttle curve. I did some checking on other cars and confirmed my thoughts - the throttle curve on this car is way more aggressive. In other cars (like DTM2016 for example) you get half the engine torque on 50% throttle which is somehow what you can expect, but on this car its on 80%.... means u have far less throttle range to control a 600HP on a 1000KG car.
    So I set the throttle sensitivity to 100 (as ravey said) to get some more range. It helps but its not a big difference.
    Throttle curve need some fixing

• Like Like x 3
  9. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Lets enjoy what RRE brought to us virtually because GehraRd Berger announced they are moving the championship to GT3 cars

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. T3AMGEIST

T3AMGEIST Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, these are the last real DTM cars. :cry:

11. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

This was just Prototype racing not Touring car racing... Not a loss for me... :p

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  12. T3AMGEIST

T3AMGEIST Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I like these prototypes, I also like the early 90s cars. But with gt3 it's just nothing special anymore in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Yep not sure it is a smart move to pick up GT3 considering the competition but did they have much of a choice when most OEMs disappeared one after the other?

Anyway i have not bought any of the new DTM cars, i will give the car free try a chance tonight.lets see

14. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Worst thing about the stream was Georg cocking up his start, which in turn, I had to swerve viciously to miss and save rear ending him, causing wheelspin and propelling me into the wall, taking out at least 2 of the field to boot. Suspension shot, race over, just a dawdle around the track so as not to lose even more incident points by rage quitting. FML :rolleyes:

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  15. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    4. And the best is the notorious throttle curve. I did some checking on other cars and confirmed my thoughts - the throttle curve on this car is way more aggressive. In other cars (like DTM2016 for example) you get half the engine torque on 50% throttle which is somehow what you can expect, but on this car its on 80%.... means u have far less throttle range to control a 600HP on a 1000KG car.
    So I set the throttle sensitivity to 100 (as ravey said) to get some more range. It helps but its not a big difference.
    Throttle curve need some fixing[/QUOTE]

Should it stay like that or will there be a update to that ?
    2.Is there a trick for starting the cars in race,like rev up and stay on the brake and switch into 1-2 gear or something?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    1. It's not the throttle curve but the characteristics of the engine. Nothing to fix here, it is what it is. You should really watch the Q&A on Georg Ortners YT channel regarding this:

2. If I'm not mistaken, instead of raising the sensitivity you should in fact lower it to have a more sensible feel when pushing the throttle only a little bit. Actually this setting called "sensitivity" has nothing to do with sensitivity or range, but with linearity - this is the throttle curve. At 50% it's completely linear. 20% movement of the throttle gives you 20% throttle, 80% movement gives you 80% throttle and so on. "Sensitivity" below 50% gives you a curve that is flatter at the beginning and steeper at the end, while above 50% is the other way around. But in any case 0% movement is always 0% throttle and 100% movement is always 100% throttle. It's just about the way how you get there.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    1. Actually Alex mentions that there is some work to do on turbo modelling, of which this is the worst offender, but it's not possible to release anything yet as it would affect cars currently being used in eSports.

2. You are mistaken. The curve is already flat at the beginning with a sharp rise as the turbo kicks in. Adding a low sensitivity (linearity) curve of the same shape would make that even worse, effectively doubling down on the problem. By adding a convex curve to the existing concave one you flatten out the curve and make it more linear. It's a fudge at the moment, but it does help a little.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Should it stay like that or will there be a update to that ?
    2.Is there a trick for starting the cars in race,like rev up and stay on the brake and switch into 1-2 gear or something?[/QUOTE]
    These cars have launch control. Assign button to it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Do they have it in real life? With the huge differences between drivers at the starts i wouldve never imagined them to have launch control

20. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Yes. Although it's not the same kind of launch control as in the TCR cars for example. It won't give a perfect start but will help.

• Informative Informative x 1