Unreal tracks for real sim

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sergeich, Sep 17, 2020.

1. sergeich

sergeich Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    RR's devs! Give Targa Florio please :)

2. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    This is all what we need in R3E: a new hillclimb track and this Alpha 155 V6 Ti :)
    I'm pretty sure Anthony Monteil will be very happy to record sound sample of this puppy :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. KoenigseggRS

KoenigseggRS New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    But you see, what makes it fun is that we can do things that we normally can't do.

4. Max Myth

Max Myth New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I would not buy a fictional track, simply because I would have to buy it to really learn anything about it. For real tracks, I can look at Youtube videos of past highlights and races, read articles, etc., and have a pretty good idea of what I am getting. I never really fancied Mount Panorama, so I didn't buy it. I liked the looks of pretty much everything else, so I did. Fictional tracks have the problem that their reputations and interest are entirely within game.

This also pertains to the issue of marketability of the track for the developer. If Sector3 publishes Circuit de Catalunya, then there is already masses of info for people to know what they are getting, and a ready made market (for instance for people who want to run there with GT3 cars with the word 'Blancpain' on the windscreen). For fictional circuits, they immediately lose the people who will not want it because it's fictional, and apart from gamers who buy everything, the rest will need to be convinced from square one, as the track will have no reputation. This can come, but it is less reliable than building on a track's real world status. All of this means less ROI for Sector3, and while they love their game and motorsport in general, they still have to put bread on the table for their families. A well-crafted fictional track is probably less reliable for that purpose than a well-crafted real world offering.

5. Race2Live

Race2Live New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Like this one :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. SuperMonacoGP

SuperMonacoGP Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    fictional "official" content in simracing never ended well, look at the hybrid car in rf2 or the dallara indycar in iracing. both were released not long ago and both are pretty much dead online. so, I really don't get the point for any dev to spend time and resources to develop something fictional that just a tiny fraction of players care about when they could use the same time to make something a lot more enjoyable for the vast majority of people.