Bug Multiple AI problems

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by shevazri, Sep 21, 2020.

Tags:
  1. shevazri

shevazri New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I really like and RaceRoom and always liked the AI. I picked the game up lately after some break, where I played other games. I set my AI to 105-110, because I don't really like the concept of Adaptive AI. But what I realized now, is that I may get the same laptime as the AI, but it gets together completely different. In slow corners the AI is very (very, very, very) slow. But in the fast corners they have sheer incredible amount of grip. My experience is based on GTR4 and DTM cars

e.g. Zandvoort (National layout): In the first turn and last turn (it's more straight). The AI is much quicker. Especially the last turn is amazing, as they can go flatout there. I can't do that nevertheless my setup, even with maximized downforce. In Turn 5 they are really slow, easy to overtake 2 cars per lap.
    e.g. Hockenheim: They have much more grip in the first turn, and can achieve much quicker cornering time there, otherwise in the Hairpin they accelerate out the corner very slow. Turn 8 they, are really slow again.

That bug destroys the immersion for me and makes driving against the AI very frustrating. Would the Adaptive AI solve the issue, or does the AdaptiveAI just take lap times, as basis?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Slow hairpins and fast long turns. This is something that bothers me as well for a long time, as races in particular tracks are quite predictable if you know exactly what to expect from every single AI in these places. Devs are aware of this problem and they polish AI's nearly every update. A couple of months ago there even was a patchnote regarding this infamous AI regularity :D

3. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I think devs worked quite a lot about these "bugs". In Spa (pouhon), Malaysa (fast left-right in sector 2), Carrusell at Road America and many others. In these fast corners, the AI is now pretty much at my speed and not unexplainable fast as they were in the past. That bug fix was made some months ago already. But entering speed for very slow corners is still a small issue, I can confirm this and did that already in another thread. So the fast corner speed of AI seems to be fixed mainly (maybe not at all tracks), the slow cornering speed is existent at nearly all tracks ( I haven't tested that, of course, but my impression confirms my guess....).

4. azaris

azaris Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    The Hockenheim AI (for modern DTM cars especially) really should be looked at by S3. It was pretty bad before but seems to have gotten worse since the recent track update. AI cars are spinning repeatedly on exit of turn 1, rear-ending each other and spinning in the hairpin, taking Mobil 1 very slowly, and in general riding over the kerbs and bouncing all over the place. This is a marquee circuit for DTM so it really should work properly. They do this at 95-100 difficulty as well so it's not just the AI trying too hard to at higher difficulties.

5. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    reported problem for dtm 2020 at 1st lap on turn 1