Resolved Crazy FFB last Update

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by .alyn.flo., May 31, 2020.

1. Donavateleoni89

Donavateleoni89 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Issue is still appearing as before with the same car.
    I don't know what to do to fix it at this point.

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Ok I'll look into it

3. Motorsport_TV

Motorsport_TV New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have the same prob. Thats always when i was oftrack or when my tires locked. i think its a problem with the tire model.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  4. Motorsport_TV

Motorsport_TV New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I tested a lot and always when i slide or my tires are locked during braking the problem is coming. After a pitstop it is everything okay

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. .alyn.flo.

.alyn.flo. New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I found out what the problem is ... When I turn off tire damage, the problem no longer occurs so the problem is on the tire models
    So someone has a copy of the tire model files from 2-3 months ago and how to replace them???

6. wesker6664

wesker6664 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    That is not possible i'm afraid
    The tires are now a lot more sensitive than before to abuse / off track... for example avoid locking the tires in cars without ABS, and if you go off track the grip will be drastically reduced, it can take several hundred meters before it returns to normal !

7. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    To dispel an untruth here - there is no issue with the tyre model regarding the OP's problems. We introduced a flatspot code which should (and does) vibrate the steering wheel after locking up tyres, however not at severely as those who are experiencing issues. What does appear to be an issue is certain steering wheels do not seem to be able to interpret the flatspot signal correctly.

If you're having these issues, navigate to your controller .rcs profile and ensure that it contains the following lines below, containing exactly the same lettering;

Code:
    FFB flatspot magnitude="0.0" // How strong the flatspot rumble is.  Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
    FFB flatspot wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Motorsport_TV

Motorsport_TV New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thx it works

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. .alyn.flo.

.alyn.flo. New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks.
    But why aren't these two values in the TS-PC Racer configuration (FFB flatspot magnitude = "0.0" // How strong the flatspot rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
    FFB flatspot wave type = "0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0 = Sine, 1 = Square, 2 = Triangle, 3 = Sawtooth up, 4 = Sawtooth down.)?

10. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Not all TM wheels are suffering the same issues. T300 for example has no issues with flatspots (I even turn them up higher)

11. .alyn.flo.

.alyn.flo. New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    and what exactly is FFB flatspot magnitude and FFB flatspot wave type?

12. AlexBlob

AlexBlob Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    They tell how strong the effect will be (Magnitude) and the wave type is what signal is sent to the wheel, some wheels won't support certain wave types.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Donavateleoni89

Donavateleoni89 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    It worked also for me, thank you for supporting!

• Wonderful Wonderful x 2
  14. GidrogeN

GidrogeN New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Also work! Wheel Thrusrmaster TS-PC Racer

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I have the TMX and I’m having the same issue that’s in the video. At low speed I get quick oscillations but then turn into strong left and right oscillations that hold to left or right for a few seconds and then turns left and right like there is suspension damage.
    I found the tmx.rcs file In the game files but I don’t see that flat spot line in the file.
    I noticed this while using the 2016 Honda wttc

16. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    What if you just add them?

Or look in this folder: Documents\my games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet\

If I understand correctly, these are the control set files the game actually uses. The ones you find in Steam folder are just the default ones that the game uses to create a new control set.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  17. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Ok. Found that file folder and changed to what alex mentioned . Fingers crossed

18. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Alright so that didn’t work. I had updated the firmware and drivers thinking that might be the issue but that also didn’t do anything. Just to make sure it wasn’t the wheel it’s self i tested with ACC and pcars 2 and doesn’t happen on those titles.

19. niekho0123

niekho0123 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

where do i put this ??

20. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    - The .rcs files you're using (location: Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet)