Released DTM 2020

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Aug 21, 2020.

1. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    See kubica at the start here. Full throttle.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    @Arthur Spooner you are right about the convex/concave but the critical area is at the end of the range (~80%-100% of the car throttle) so you want this range to be flatter, not the 0-80 range, therefore 100% sensitivity will give that.

Regarding Georg's stream, yes i saw it and the part they talk about this car power but they didnt say something conclusive about it. But again, the car power curve is a given, no doubt about that, but the throttle curve is way too steep regardless of the power curve. If in a specific RPM (i checked around max torque RPM - 6000), 80% throttle gives 50% torque then its too steep.

My experience with the LaunchControl - its effective until ~50KPH then you throttle is in full control. So still need to be gentle with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    The Audi is one my all the time favorites if not my favorite car in VR right now. It is so much fun. Thank you for this fantastic update.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Any infos/pics/video what the dash actually is showing? Seems to me completly different to the ingame dashs. What are the LED's on the left and on the right doing? Slip indicator?

5. schwalbach123

schwalbach123 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Its showing wheelspin and a standing wheel at breaking

6. Roman TRT

Roman TRT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    is there a way to turn off the virtual mirror in the cockpit, leaving only the external virtual mirror?
    we drove a test race today, the rubber wear is somehow strange, the percentages are high, but the wear is not felt ...

7. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Why do you want to disable it? They are connected to one setting. The tire wear is very noticeable. At what percentage were the tires?

8. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I prefer to struggle through it. It is part of the fun as thats how the car is in real life. If I can't drive it, like the 917/20 in Pcars 2 and 917/30 in AC. So be it then.

I also found out that you can literally keep the gears at 3 or even 4 at some corners even down to low speed. The antilag turbo has so much power that it makes no difference and it prevents spinning out.

Still, I can sort of drive the Audi now. Both wheel and gamepad but the first couple of laps have to be really slow. Is there a way to get a tire temperature widget in R3E?

9. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    These cars have launch control. Assign button to it.[/QUOTE]

I am wondering, would it be sensible to have a pass on the default button configurations for each supported wheel and gamepad? It is getting quite confusing with many button configurations over a massive variety of cars.

10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    That's exactly the wrong approach. You have to drive it hard, to come into operational conditions. Weaving, followed by decent pushing and braking is highly recommended...You start around 35°C out of the pits, can make it to 45°C in the first corners and weaving and then surpass 60°C at the inside of the tyres relatively fast, which will make them somewhat more sticky. Optimum should be 85°C so give it a good push. Warm your brakes and be careful with throttle in the first lap and you are fine.
    Search for OtterHUD.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  11. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    How do we properly use 'Launch Control' (for ex. Audi TT), do we just press and full gas on until full rev to switch to next gear? Isn't there still modulation required?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  12. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    -Press and hold Launch Control Button

-Full Throttle

-Green lights/Lights off: release Launch Control Button

-Keep full throttle, because as soon, as you lift, the throttle modulation by the Launch Control has been overridden by your own input and is deactivated.

13. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I ask because I did exactly as you say (2 races already)...ie. kept full throttle on 1st even after releasing, and shifted only to 2nd when it reached the rev limit. However cars behind were overtaking, which is why I thought perhaps tires were already slipping if I kept full throttle in 1st. FWIW, I have LC assigned to gear 4 in shifter, so I just put it back to N to release.

14. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I am wondering, would it be sensible to have a pass on the default button configurations for each supported wheel and gamepad? It is getting quite confusing with many button configurations over a massive variety of cars.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you mean by this? I think it's easier to let people choose how they assign controls rather than setting defaults?

15. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I was really clicking with these last night. - Zandvoort is still king as far as DTM goes IMO, and these new cars are a blast there. The occasional rear end twitch on corner exit, and being very mindful of braking pressure makes them all the more focused and enjoyable.

I also like the little nuance of having to manually deactivate DRS at before the crest at corner 6 (Scheivlak) else the car just de-weights, and you're in trouble. In the previious cars I just ran DRS all the way to the braking point for the corner.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Was there some sort of fix for Zolder post-release out of interest? - Maybe AI related?

18 cars keeps in me in the 90fps zone for all tracks/classes, but the DTM '20/Zolder combo saw that drop way down for no clear reason. I never found the magic number to hit 90 again, but 14 cars was still causing me issues. I went to do some proper testing on it last night however, and all was good again.

17. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    If you are interested: The DTM Esports Championship starts tonight 19:00 CEST / 17:00 GMT. Some real DTM drivers like Timo Glock or Sheldon van der Linde will battle with the fastest RaceRoom players and Jimmy Broadbent.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Roman TRT

Roman TRT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    because with the kind of fow that I have, this screen is still not fully visible and only interferes. I would turn it off !!
    Regarding the wear of the tires., Yesterday in the race many had tires at 0% and they drove just as fast)

19. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    you are right about the convex/concave but the critical area is at the end of the range (~80%-100% of the car throttle) so you want this range to be flatter, not the 0-80 range, therefore 100% sensitivity will give that.

So,should i adjust it to 100%?
    Does this affect the other cars or had i to switch it back to 50%?
    Or should i leave the cars behind til a fix comes up?
    Confused now....o_O

20. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    It will affect all cars, but it should also be resolved in a patch soon.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1