Petition for more US road tracks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GJDriessen, Sep 14, 2020.

Tags:
?

What US road track should be added to the game?

1. Road Atlanta

40 vote(s)
    54.8%
  2. Sebring

32 vote(s)
    43.8%
  3. Lime Rock Park

14 vote(s)
    19.2%
  4. Detroit Grand Prix at Belle Isle

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  5. Watkins Glen

38 vote(s)
    52.1%
  6. Virginia International Raceway

14 vote(s)
    19.2%
  7. Barber Motorsports Park

10 vote(s)
    13.7%
  8. Long Beach Street Circuit

10 vote(s)
    13.7%
  9. Circuit of the Americas

12 vote(s)
    16.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    This thread got me thinking to do the same for Japanese tracks
    Yes i live here:D

2. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Would like to see one for japan so go ahead if you want to :D
    For me itd be sugo, autopolis and either fuji or okayama although probably fuji :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joel Willstein

Joel Willstein Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    While RRE is a European based, the North American market seems to be a large percentage of their user base. I use to buy everything that came out, but I've stopped buying regional tracks as they have absolutely no interest to me, nor are they run in GT series.
    My only two sims are RRE and ACC as they provide me with all the racing I can handle. ACC for GT3 & 4, and RRE for everything else.
    There has been talk of ACC creating new DLC packages for the British, American, and Asian GT series over the next few years. Hopefully they will contain the correct tracks as needed besides the correctly sponsored cars.

Joel

4. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Virginia International Raceway is one of the best tracks I've seen. Would be great to have it here.

5. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    The Glen
    SebrinG
    VIR
    Road Atlanta

6. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Road Atlanta = nice routing, deep history, beautiful landscape | must have for every racing sim
    Lime Rock Park = easy routing, easy track creation caused by few track objects, very beautiful landscape | must have for every racing sim
    Watkins Glen = nice routing, deep history, beautiful landscape | must have for every racing sim

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. GJDriessen

GJDriessen Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Good to see that the community was listened to. We will get the most popular vote in the game. Next up Road Atlanta or Sebring perhaps? Cast your votes if you haven't yet done so. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Joel Willstein

Joel Willstein Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Both are epic USA tracks, but Sebring is the last track needed for the USA Enduro Trilogy: 24 hrs of Daytona, 6 hrs of Watkins Glen, & 12 hrs of Sebring. Then Road Atlanta. The focus should then turn north to Canada with Mosport 1st on the list.

One track that will never appear here is Bridgehampton, my home track. and where I 1st actually raced back in the late 1960s. I actually bought Assetto Corsa just so that I could once again drive the Bridge.

Joel

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kayak83

Kayak83 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Well, Watkins is coming and I'm stoked!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    These tracks would defiantly improve an already great Sim:)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Joel Willstein

Joel Willstein Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    As an American, and a big time fan of American road racing, the number of North American tracks used in major racing series lags far beyond those of Europe for the same types of racing series. So when RRE issues another new North American track, I'm more then just thrilled.

Like I posted before, Sebring is needed to complete the Endurance Trilogy, while Road Atlanta is needed for literally all of the various road racing series that compete here.
    Joel

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jacob Marshall

Jacob Marshall Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I would love to see Sebring included in RR3, I just don't get why it's such a rare track in simracing; an official track in RF2 and iRacing and a good mod in AC, the track is phenomenal...and my favourite.

Mossport also deserves a shout out (I know, it's Canadian); another fantastic yet under-represented track (mod only I think) that's so much fun to race at.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Joel Willstein

Joel Willstein Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    To my way of thinking, I really don't care what other tracks the various sims have. I only currently race using ACC and RRE. The disadvantage of ACC is that it's focus is strictly The GT Challenge series, and there's not much of a chance that the American series will ever make it. We'll be lucky to get the British series included as they're gearing up for AC2 from what I hear. RRE should use this to their advantage and focus on a few series both cars and tracks rather then jumping all over the place.

Joel