Thrustmaster T300 RS GT Issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TaksoTS, Sep 25, 2020.

1. TaksoTS

TaksoTS New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My t300 rs gt wheel is unable to calibrate itself anymore and it just moves around 2-3 degrees in the center.(during the calibration process). Using the calib.motor app it keeps doing that and on top of that it rumbles a lot. Before that and a couple of normal calibrations before it was doing constant calibration loops in a violent manner. All of that happened in a middle of a race after the wheel lost its centering and was dragging to the right. To me it looked like something was out of place at that exact moment but it could potentially be a sensor issue itself. I'm really frustrated because im positive that i'll miss my 60min league race tomorrow on suzuka which i was longing for..Any help would be really appreciated.Thanks in advance.

P.S:I tried a lot of methods to restore the normal calibration process but to no avail. It looks like its bigger than i initialy thought.

2. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    It may be something to do with this
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/thrustmaster-tx-broken-ffb.15650/

• Like Like x 1
  3. TaksoTS

TaksoTS New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    The calibration process has now rendered the wheel unusable due to the fact that it rotates 5-10 degrees to the left-right and does that endlessly not allowing someone to use the wheel properly anymore. Before all that, in the middle of the race there was some kind of cracking sound from the inside and as a result the centering moved a couple of degrees to the right.Next calibration ended up being a 5-10 degree endless rotation.

P.S:I also had forced cooling mode always on but lately the fan started making some intense noises from the inside,which i dealed with by restarting the forced cooling mode.Must by my servo that is not really doing well in general..

4. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like a case for Thrustmaster support...

• Like Like x 1
  5. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like something is broken on the inside. When the wheel is off (power off) can you rotate it 540° to the left and 540° to the right without using any force? Is so, what tools did you try to calibrate the wheel again? There are 2 available for the T300, once is TXRW_CalibMotor_v3.00, the second is Calibration.exe?
    Is the whhel still under waranty or is it old enough to open it and take some pictures?

Where are you from? I have some spare parts for the T300, maybe I can help you!

• Like Like x 2
  6. TaksoTS

TaksoTS New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    When the wheel is off i can rotate it fully no problem.And theres not any difference in the resistance so everything smooth there.I used the txrw.calibmotor tool only.Last time i used this tool the wheel was rumbling violently in a span of around 10 degrees.The wheel is still under warranty but it was already sent once to thrustmaster's headquarters for inspection.They did open the base for a belt tensioning procedure.Thats so far you can go for now without voiding warrantly.The motor still has red glue intact around it though, so i suppose that by getting your hands on that you void warranty.
    I am from Greece. Thanks for the response guys:)

7. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Mine went through similar issues 3 weeks from purchase where it wouldn't calibrate properly at startup. Tried using the calibrate.exe file for a while, but issues persisted, so I had it sent back. They then sent me a new one, which has lasted around 3yrs now. Note: I was lucky that a relative was travelling to the US and back at that time, so I had the opportunity, otherwise I would have had a new paper weight.

• Like Like x 1
  8. pierredietze

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Takso, if it's still under warranty contact TM or your dealer. Maybe thats the best but for sure not the fastest option. There is the possibility that the hall-sensor adapter is broken and the board gets incorrect data because the sensor does'nt sit centered over the rotor magnet of the motor. If you could open that thing and look for this, that would be awesome. It's a black piece of plastic attached to the end of the motor with a small circuit board on it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. TaksoTS

TaksoTS New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    No obvious break or misplacement on the hall-sensor from what can be seen. I believe the issue comes from the main gear/motorshaft right on the center of the wheel base.And there is the red glue sitting on intact.

10. pierredietze

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Ok, then I think it's better to cantact your dealer/Thrustmaster support. Sorry to hear that.