Problem CPU at 100% always, Game is Unplayable

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by janchali, Sep 28, 2020.

1. janchali

janchali New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This was not happening a few months ago. I bought ADAC GT Masters, Nürburgring, DTM 1992 and TT Cup DLC's from steam and wanted to try them. This was the result.

Game is playable and stable for 3-5 minutes.
    After that, small stutters become visible.
    After that those stutters grew bigger.
    And you can see the final result.

All of these are happening in no more than 7 minutes.

I have tried to on/off Vsync, windowed mode, decreased graphics but none of them did not work.

My Specs:

AMD Radeon RX 480 8G GPU
    Intel i5 6500 3.20GHz CPU
    16 GB 2400MHz DDR4 RAM
    700W FSP PSU
    B150M MORTAR BAZOOKA MOTHERBOARD

I need help, all the money I paid is going to a bin right now...

Thanks for helping me.

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
  3. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Also, MSI Afterburner produced similar issues for some people, if I remember correctly.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  4. janchali

janchali New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It seems thats the issue. I shut off ghub and game worked perfectly. But all cars have 900 degrees steering wheel and I am unable to compete with anybody, even unable to stay on the road while turning because I have to turn the wheel too much all the time. Is there a solution for that too?

5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Some users have reported that replacing G-Hub with the old Logitech Gaming Software solved the issue for them, but I'm not sure it's a global fix.

Logitech are aware as far as I know, so I'd expect a fix with their next update.

6. janchali

janchali New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Old software does not support most of the sim-games, so it seems like it is best to wait the new update from Logi. Thank you guys!

7. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    This is a link to the Logitech software that works for me date from 2017, sorry the file is to big to upload here.
    16mb. Bad of them to name all their updates the same. Hope it helps.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0cyvSOuvX3wRUM5NndJZjdPNDg/view?usp=sharing

8. geekyadz

geekyadz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I've been getting a similar issue where the game is stuttering like janchali has posted, and ironically I also own a Logitech wheel (G923 Xbox version).

However, what I have noticed (as I have had task manager running on a second screen trying to work out where the issue lies) is that it is the game itself that is causing 50% CPU spikes, and not the LGHUB Agent (which I'm assuming is used for the FFB/rev lights that are on my wheel). What I've also noticed is that the rev LEDs don't really sync up with the revs of the car I'm in, if/when they decide to work.

I've also read that it may be down to my Cosair K55 keyboard, which tonight I unplugged from my PC and it still stuttered like mad. I have also tried closing ICUE (the software that controls my Corsair mouse and headset, as well as controlling the RGB LEDs on my PC thanks to a plugin).

I've not tried closing G HUB (or the tray icon) yet, is this worth a try?

My PC specs:

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
    Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (not OC'ed)
    Memory: Corsair 16GB DDR4 Vengeance LPX 3000MHz (more spefically: manufacturer number CMK16GX4M2B3000C15, not OC'ed)
    GPU: Asus ROG Strix Radeon RX Vega 64 8GB OC edition, running Radeon software version 20.8.3 (yes I know it needs updating to 20.9.1 at least)
    PSU: ASUS ROG Thor 1200 Watt
    Keyboard: Corsair K55
    Mouse: Corsair Glaive
    Headset: Corsair USB Void Pro
    Steering Wheel: Logitech G923 Xbox edition