The track new and old

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kevin fernandez leon, Oct 3, 2020.

1. kevin fernandez leon

kevin fernandez leon New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hello good to all I have seen that raceroom has old and new circuits such as Motorland Aragón.

I would like to know if it is possible to introduce a new circuit such as: monaco, the catalonia circuit or the jarama circuit and if there is any possibility of helping to develop it.
    The rumor has also been created that raceroom 2 may be improved or it is a lie.

ahhh I forgot in the documents> SimBin> Raceroom section there is a folder that says customsSkin, what is the use of that folder can be used for something or to put a skin.

2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    No custom modding is possible in R3E, not skins, cars or tracks. As for official tracks, the tracks you mentioned are "possible" sure. Likely? Who knows... S3 tend to keep their upcoming content quiet until it's nearly ready for release.

3. kevin fernandez leon

kevin fernandez leon New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Like the WTCR 2020, I hope you'll take some of your case either and do

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

new circuits are in the making. Generally speaking chances for a track to make it into RR are greater if that circuit is part of the schedule of a real life series that is represented in the game, such as DTM for example.

Haven't really heard any rumours about a new title ("Raceroom 2") so I'd not give those too much credit. So far there are no plans to move to a new game.

As @Goffik already said there's no modding as of yet. I'd be interested in a screenshot of the folder you mentioned, cause don't see any such folder in my installations and I don't there ought to be such a folder. Are you sure you're not looking at another game's documents folder?
    upload_2020-10-3_18-6-12.png
    upload_2020-10-3_18-7-16.png

5. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    That's Raceroom-The Game 2: A trailer made nine years ago. So which Raceroom are we now? 3? 4?
    Greetings

6. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    The game in that video appears to be R3E to me. Given the references to "demo content" from older SimBin titles like Race 07, and a reference to "RaceRoom Online", it seems RaceRoom Racing Experience is the product we ended up with based on that trailer. So RaceRoom 0.99999 or whatever we're on at the moment. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. SuperMonacoGP

SuperMonacoGP Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    will it ever reach version 1.0? and is there a reason why it hasn't already?

8. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Maybe it will, when S3 finally decide to retire the sim and release the last ever patch. But why do it now? It means whenever someone complains, they can just say "it's still a beta". :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It's really just a number with little meaning as to how "finished" the product is. There are loads of games out there with a 1.x version number that barely deserve being given a beta status. ;)

They could change the version to 2.0 tomorrow and the game and all the plans for it would still be exactly the same, so I wouldn't care about that series of digits too much. It's main use is for us to know which version we're talking about in order to ensure we're not looking at different builds when sb's reporting a bug f.e.

EDIT: And while there is no set rule that I'm aware of, I think they will change to 1.x eventually once certain big milestones have been achieved and we all feel that the game "deserves" being given that "honour".

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2020