Released DTM 2020

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Aug 21, 2020.

1. nasportscar

nasportscar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone else get absolutely destroyed by the DTM 2020 AI every race? Are they that much more difficult (maybe) or do I just suck (probably)?

2. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I found it harder at first - I dropped from a typical 104 to 100, but I'm slowly getting there again.

• Like Like x 1
  3. nasportscar

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I've moved all the way down to 95 and still get rocked lol. Maybe I don't know when to use the P2P?

4. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    I didn't find them to be any "harder" than in other classes, to be honest. I think it's just a case of learning to get the most out of the car rather than differences in AI ability.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    While there may be some slight tweaks to AI (there always are with new content) the most likely explanation is you're just not driving them hard enough......they are a very fast car with loads of downforce.....often they will go around corners at speeds you may not think they would...... Try and identify where you are losing out the most and concentrate on gaining time in that area rather than looking at the deficit over the full lap.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    absolutely
    they are a very fast car with loads of downforce.....often they will go around corners at speeds you may not think they would

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. nasportscar

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    This is good advice, thanks. I'll let em rip tonight and see what happens

• Like Like x 1
  8. claude marty

claude marty New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    very good sensations with these cars!

9. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Today, there is another race in the DTM Esports Championship! Only 1 point separates the leaders Moritz Löhner and Jack Keithley, while Lucas Auer makes his season debut!

10. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0

Yes, that was true 30yrs ago. I dont think the most hi-tech touring car with the most modern turbo engine (most probably drive-by-wire throttle) doent have throttle-map to adjust it per the driver preference, and i dont think drivers preference is so steep curve. But u know better, real DTM drivers competing the car in the esport - they probably gave some feedback.

11. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    They probably did, which could well be why the throttle is the way it is? Just because you're having problems managing it doesn't mean that it's inherently "broken" as you claim. I find the whole I-can't-do-it-so-something-must-be-wrong-because-it-can't possibly-be-me attitude quite sad, and unfortunately more and more common these days. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    As has been said quite a few times by quite a few people now the throttle isn't broken. Is it perfectly optimised? Nope. And it won't be until the updated turbo code comes into the public game. Believe it or not the physics devs have access to actual data from these cars, it's not just made up on the back of a napkin. In the meantime if you want to flatten the engine response curve, which is what we are really talking about, then you can set the throttle sensitivity to 100 and make the input non linear.

13. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Ok guys, time to stop complaining as Ross doesnt like it :rolleyes:

@ravey1981 I know devs has access to actual data but it doesnt mean the car is perfectly modeled, right ? There are always physics upgrades to cars long after they have been released, and Alex mentions here and there he found some mismatch or new data and says he gonna release an upgrade for it - and its truly understandable and welcome. He also said in other thread, the throttle curve (in general) will be fix soon.

My point here is that not all cars in R3E are perfectly modeled and no-one expect them to be. But as ppl have trouble with something in the model and i did some telemetry checking to confirm that, as i felt the same, but you keep claiming the model is correct and the drivers are the problem. Just in your last post u admit its not perfect..finally.
    And yes, i have set the sensitivity to 100% as i wrote few pages back.

14. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Does it really matter if it is perfectly real or not? I enjoy DTM 2020 because it is a challenge with the throttle. I do not have some high end pedals and it is perfectly manageable. DTM 2016 were one of the easiest cars to drive, at least with default setups. I guess that was the reason they were so popular. The people are just disappointed that the 2020 are more difficult to handle.

15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Actually it seems to matter a lot, if it's close to reality, or why do we got all the physics updates recently?

16. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Two words pal. Grow up. You're not the only one with an opinion or the right to express it. Stop throwing your toys out of the pram because you can't drive these cars and go play Mario Kart.

17. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I choose DTM2020 on Sachsenring or Stowe Circuit, when i think of Rainbow Road.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Actually I said exactly the same thing last Friday. I'm not here to argue with you.

19. rubenbatista

rubenbatista Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    There´s a problem doing the championship in single player with DTM 2020: unlike in real life, you can´t use DRS in qualifying and in the race you have to be 1sec behind to have DRS. P2P is fine (24 uses per race), it´s just DRS that reverts to 2016 rules for some reason (using custom preset). But if you do all the championship in one go, without exiting, then the rules are fine. It only reverts to 2016 rules if you save, exit and enter the saved championship for another race. There´s a similar bug doing a GT3 championship, but regarding pitstops. Changing tires in GT3 it´s like 30sec, but if you enter a saved championship it reverts to 5sec (without pitstop sounds).

But overall, great work again. I´m using Raceroom since 2017 and this cars are probably my favourites so far, and it´s awesome to see this sim improving every day.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I believe the confusion comes from the reason why one would make a car very hard to drive when there is no need, modern electronics can calm any ICE, so, why would Gerhard request 2 stroke like power curves, only thing that springs to mind is entertainment, modern DTM have formula like downforce, PTP and DRS, maybe giving the driver at least one thing to control with the grey matter, that at least there is some jeopardy, rather than slot car racing. Just a thought.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1