RRE - perfect Audio settings & best addons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thydney1970, Oct 5, 2020.

1. thydney1970

thydney1970 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As I just have mention in my last thread, I did a restart with RRE this weekend after 3 years. I'm still experimenting with settings and so on. That's why I'm currently looking for perfect, realistic audio configuration of all the sliders for a most real experience in the sim. If somebody has any information in this matter and settings for the latest release of RRE it would be highly appreciated from my side.

I'm also looking for useful addons for RRE, tools, telemetry apps, visuals and so on for RRE to improve the over all experience.

Many thanks and I'm looking forward hearing from you.

2. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Audio settings are going to be down to your setup and your own personal preferences. I've used the default levels for years, but just this weekend experimented with increasing the volume for many of the settings. Sounds a lot better to me now and is much more immersive, but that's on headphones plugged into my Rift S. Mileage will vary, especially if you're using speakers instead.

4. thydney1970

thydney1970 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm using also a VR headset, HTC Vive Cosmos until the HP Reverb 2 will be released ;-). That's why your settings are very welcome and very kind from you :).

5. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Hokey doke, here we go then:

Player Volume: 100%
    Oppenent Car: 30% <== I find it breaks immersion to hear other cars from a distance.
    Engine: 100%
    Transmission Whine: 100%
    Brake Squeal: 50%
    Road Noise: 80%
    RoadFeel Effects: 50%
    Suspension Squeak: 50% <== Might raise this since I didn't hear any squeaking.
    Scrub: 80%
    Skid: 80%
    Effects: 90%
    Wind: 80% <== Only driven tin-tops since raising. Might need tweaking for open cockpits.
    Backfires: 100%
    Ambience: 50% <== Might lower to 0% since it only seems to be the "chatter" in the pit menu.

• Like Like x 1
  6. thydney1970

thydney1970 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  7. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    I only read the OP and not the whole thread, but the poster doesn't mention what their sound setup is. I imagine the "best" settings for speakers are going to be very different from headphones, and different again if you have some fancy surround setup.

There have also been a lot of audio changes since that post was made, particularly recently (literally a few weeks ago) when a lot of audio was tweaked/added. Looking at the default settings in that post, I'm pretty sure at least some of them are different now. I also wonder about those ideal settings. For example, his wind noise is only 30%, yet I had to stick it on 80% to hear any wind at all, and that's coasting in neutral! I also can barely hear skids at 50% so 40% seems very low. I reckon the audio balances have changed since 2017.

I'm going to have another play myself when I get a chance, so I'll let you know if I come up with anything worthwhile.

8. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    I would also investigate Crew Chief if you haven't already done so.
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...chief-version-4-auto-updating-and-shiny.2516/

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  9. SuperMonacoGP

SuperMonacoGP Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I am italian and I must say it is quite funny hearing the pit crew chatting in pits..I always wondered why all audio is in italian, and where it was recorded

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
  10. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    The funny thing is that all the Italian chatter doesn't bother me. I don't speak the language, so it's just background "noise" to me. But there is at least one track where the chatter is in English. The fact I understand it makes it more distracting and harder to ignore, and also makes clear just how short the audio loop actually is. Very annoying after a few minutes! :p

• Like Like x 1
  11. geoffers

geoffers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Surely something wrong with the suspension if it is squeaking!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. azaris

azaris Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Make sure you bump this higher for Nordschleife though, otherwise you will miss the kick-ass techno music while passing certain spectator sections.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    There is no perfect audio setup. All up to your personal preference. However, the latest sounds are insanely fantastic. Especially back fire wow!!!love this one!

As for the addons telemetry, I use only Z1 Dash software and it works great with raceroom. Although there an issue with standings telemetry where it doesnt show what cars other players are driving. Sector 3 may need to look into this one hopefully.

14. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    In that case, I'll definitely set it to 0%. I bloody hate techno! :p

Put it on 100% and still didn't hear and "squeaks" so no idea what it actually does.

Ended up leaving this one at 80%. Tried an FR 2 and the wind was pretty loud, but as a former biker I know that's realistic.

15. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    This is a feature noone talks about but I love that they use samples from the original announcers or television commentary for each track. No other game has this.

Turn everything else to 0% and you'll hear the suspension working when it get compressed. :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    ACC does. It even features (incredibly annoying and repetitive) interviews with real drivers over the tannoy. Immersion-breaking in itself, since what they're talking about is regarding the real race it was recorded at, not the race I'm about to take part in.

• Like Like x 1