massive stuttering issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ted day, Oct 9, 2020.

1. ted day

ted day New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    done everything i know don't use any overlays fresh install of windows and game still after 5 min game unplayable contacted race room multiple time with no reply I bought all content and now i feel like i was beat up robbed and left on the side of the road bleeding. this is total bull shit in the forums i see this has been an issue since at least 2018 just another greedy business that takes your money and then makes you fend for yourself

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  2. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
  3. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Had stuttering too and turning on vsync in nvidia inspector helped. My issue is the terrible jagged edges on all lines (ie. White lines on track, fence lines, crowd stands), even w/ 4x MS and 4x SGSS. Is there still the bug of having to put AA in 2x? Anyone care to share some settings to improve this?
    Graphics quality too, after going back & forth to AMS2/ACC shows its age, but thats a different issue.

4. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps if you told us what your system is, what graphics settings you use etc that might help....

5. MattYKee

MattYKee Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I fixed jaggies on 1080p by enabling virtual super resolution (selected 1440p ingame) and then just leaving FXAA on. MXAA at 0.
    I wonder if DX9 will stick around? I read the developers of Warframe announce DX10 wont be supported after January with their reason being future hardware is proving difficulty to support on older Direct x versions.

Ofcourse the developers of Warframe may have an ulterior motive(pushing new consoles) here so its not panic stations for Raceroom yet.

Allot of DX 9 titles are having issues with the new AMD gpu's for example. It remains to be seen if the new Nvidia cards will bring the same issues.

6. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Try deleting the Browser Cache.
    You will find it in Documents/My Games/SimBin/Raceroom Racing Experience/BrowserData

7. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. Cant do that though as im on triples. I tried a suggestion in an older post that seems to work (brief test), in NVInsp: 8xQ & 4x SGSS & LOD at - 0.5. Tried FXAA yesterday but had to turn it off, too blurry.

With the latest, its just the color/graphics thats quite underwhelming/dull, but I guess its the engine's limitations. I try increasing Digital Vibrance in NV control panel.

8. MattYKee

MattYKee Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  9. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I've had success using reshade to soften jaggies considerably with very little impact on performance. I can't remember the exact filter I used but there's lots to experiment with. Makes the game look a lot better too.

• Like Like x 1
  10. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
  11. ted day

ted day New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    anyone having the ghub stuttering problem i found a workaround that has worked for me so far when the stuttering starts pause the game use cnt+alt+del to get to task manager and then at the pop up window bottom right exit out of ghub then go back to the game no change to rotation of wheel or forcefeedback works just like ghub was on