Heel toe

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Roy Jones, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Roy Jones

Roy Jones New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello , new to this game . Enjoying it very much so far. One thing I can't get right or working is heel toe shift . It doesn't seem to work - or at least I can't 'rev' the car when downshifting. I can do this no problem in other Sims but not in this one. Doesn't rev out when I try it . I'm on fanatec V3 pedals and clubsport wheel if that makes any difference. Is it a sensitivity option maybe? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! :)

2. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    I am very much a beginner at heal n toe but it seems to work okay for me (V3 pedals also.)
    There is, however, some coding work going on that may improve things once it is completed.
    I haven't changed any sensitivity on the throttle pedal.

3. Roy Jones

Roy Jones New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, I watch videos of users performing it with no issues , but I can't seem to get it to work or rev out . Strange . You have no issues blipping the throttle on downshift then . Hmm every other sim is pretty easy to do this- even gran turismo ! I've tried them all . Annoying!

4. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Like Paul already said, there's some work in progress regarding throttle response. At the current state there's very little rev response in the lower range of pedal travel, and that's exactly what makes blipping the gas a bit tricky. If you're used to just tap the pedal, let's say 1cm, while braking and downshifting, nothing much will happen rev-wise, unfortunately. What I did to improve that a bit is increasing throttle sensitivity from the standard linear 50% up to 80 or even 100%, which gives a tad more engine response at the beginning of pedal travel. Might help you as a workaround until throttle response behaviour gets tuned in a future update.

Oli

5. Dirty_Wheelz

Dirty_Wheelz New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

6. Dirty_Wheelz

Dirty_Wheelz New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Do you have a large dead zone at the beginning of travel?