Question Does buying cars/tracks via Steam still work?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Emixalev, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Emixalev

Emixalev New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    At R3E's Steam page,there is 7 DLCs. I wonder do they work? If they work, how can i learn about those listed cars' classes without buying. For example BMW Z4 GT3 is in 4 different classes and most of the servers i'm interested in use GT3 cars but I'm worried if its class is different.
    And if you bought any of the DLCs,could you inform me how does dlcs apply in game?
    Thanks.
    upload_2020-10-15_18-55-2.png upload_2020-10-15_18-56-1.png upload_2020-10-15_18-59-52.png

Attached Files:

2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Yes, those DLCs still work. The Nürburgring Legends DLC contains the GTR 3 BMW. The content is automatically unlocked when you start the game the next time after you bought a DLC.

These DLCs aren't really good deals anymore, though. You might be better off buying the Starter Pack ingame. It probably depends on the prices in your local currency.

3. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    The cheapest way to buy stuff for RaceRoom is going to https://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_de/list_page?cat=5 and buy vRP there. There is a permanent discount on vRP-packs. You will get an e-mail with a code you can redeem in the ingame store to load up your vRP. Then you can use the vRP to buy stuff in the ingame store.

Buying through Steam is expensive and you shouldn't bother with it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    The steam DLCs are only worth buying when there is a sale. The cars are all quite old and neither the BMW Z4 GT· or the RUF are allowed on the ranked GT3 server, for instance so don´t buy that one if it is your objective (the McLaren in the RRE shop starter pack is not allowed either).

5. CDwyer

CDwyer Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    It is the only way to buy the RUF, should you wish to own it.

6. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Oh, you definitely should because:
    Regional pricing sometimes makes a great deal even without sales. As we can see, the guy does have regional prices, which are pretty low in Turkey. This NB Legends pack gives you 9 pieces of content for 26 TL which is only 3.3 USD.

Regarding GTR3/ADAC classes: if you buy a car in any of them, you automatically get a big discount for the same car in other classes, essentially making it as cheap as a livery. For example, if you have Z4 in GTR3, then Z4 in ADAC 2013, 2014 and 2015 will only cost you 29 vRP each.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  7. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Nope, the linked discounts have always been there, and actually they have gotten worse recently. If you own the WTCR 2018 cars, the WTCR 2019 equivalents are only reduced by 50%.

• Informative Informative x 1