The Assetto Corsa thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Skybird, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I like to use every sim now and then, all of them have their strengths and weaknesses. Just today, I wasted hours trying to finetune my VR settings in AC and I ended up with the same config I started with (apart from disabling a few demanding plugins).:D The original AC has always been a multiplayer only sim for me, because the AI is just terrible, but nowadays I race exclusively in MP in all of them, SP isn't challenging enough after spending 100's of hours in every title.

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Pc2? Only briefly driven it but it was enough to not want to again. I found the physics/car handling to be very unconvincing...

3. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I certainly agree with your sentiment re modding.. I originally went to AC from PCars2, and initially the mod scene was a revelation - Any car/track I wanted was out there with just a little searching. Content manager made managing all that a breeze, and Sol revitalized the aging engine. Patchy quality soon became an issue though, and I started paying for paid mods from the likes of RSS and URD.. - That mental leap opened the door to RRE's pricing model, and I've mostly not looked back.

Likewise, I'm struggling with AMS2.. I dip in to keep up to date with updates/patches, but I just bounce off it within an hour. I'm still not sure why.

AC still fills a couple of gaps in content for me.. Primarily British tracks in the form of Donnington, Oulton Park, and (of course) BH GP. Donnington and Oulton are on their way to ACC shortly, and I can't wait. Cars are catered for very well here, but I still enjoy the V8 Supers from V8Corsa, and the amazing RSS 90's GT pack still services the best era of motorsport very well. Playing with this new Ferrari today shows that there's still life in the old girl yet.

4. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Just drove the BMW M4 DTM 2016 on Zandvoort (my favourite track in RRE) and once back on track in RRE I get that wow feeling. It is such a joy to race in RRE. The AI is awesome. Everytime I come back to RRE after a while, it feels so great..:D

I like Pcars2 much because the looks and all the car classes. The AI can be a pain in the ass indeed, nevertheless I really enjoy it especially in VR, but also on my triple setup.

5. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    There are mod tracks available for AC that are second to none, tracks you need to have driven on, and seen: Feldberg. Fonteney (one of my alltime favourites) . Luccaring (an orgy for the eye, lots of photogrammetry used). VIR (super-copy of the real whole track perimeter inclduing all seoicnardy roads and lanes), just to give some self-recommending examples of high fame and praise. But there are more, smaller projects that set benchmarks at their time as well: Peyregrosse. Barbagallo. Mills Motorpark, and some more. What some modders have acchieved in realism and represenation of the real track, is incredible, surpassing the quality of the defualt tracks.

These are loud yelling arguments for AC, still.

The AI is being beefed up by the (former) boss himself, Stefano is at it despite his leave form Kunos, and word is there is immense progress already now. I always said the AI in AC/ACC is reliable, solid, but too tame, too pacifistic. It seems it now finally gets fangs and claws and an angry temper. He seems to teach it seeking to rumble, and it really was a long wait, I agree. I will wait and see.

BTW, does anyone know what happend to Lake Louise back then? When I went back to it some longer time ago, it did not work anymore, and the download even of the free public version (I even had the paid-for version ) was unavailable, and reinstallking it from old download files fialed as well. I never was able to gain knowledge of what happened, only that there was some conflict of the authors going on? It was an nice long ride around the lake, maybe visually just mediocre, but the ride was pleasant and challenging at the same time.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  6. Tomas Machan

Tomas Machan Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    GT3 2021 Champ. -R2- Paul Ricard

Lambo Hurican GT3
    Porsche GT3
    BMW M4 GT3
    AMG GT3 EVO
    Alfa Romeo 4C GT3
    Ferrari 488 GT3
    Bentley Conti. GT3

7. Tomas Machan

Tomas Machan Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Porsche Mobile1 SuperCup 2021 - Nurburgring

8. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Incoming...

9. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    A clip of finest artwork and craftsmanship.

• Like Like x 2
  10. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
  11. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
  12. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
  13. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
  14. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
  15. Tomas Machan

Tomas Machan Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Ferrari 488 DTM 2021/2022? - Portimao

• Like Like x 1
  16. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
  17. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Fat Alfie released another track at RD.
    Battenbergring lines up with his former work, just brilliant.
    It's worth a try and a coffee for the creator.

18. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Remember the Steam sale starts Thursday so this plus Rf2, ACC and other usual suspects will be marked down perhaps record or equal lows.

19. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Assetto Corsa | MODS | 2021 Toyota GR86 Trust @ Dragon Trail - Seaside + DL Links

• Like Like x 1
  20. JOhanezJa

JOhanezJa New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Already did 1350 km at Fonteny in all kinds of (classic) cars, since it appeared. It's an amazing track that needs your full attention when going fast and offers incredible details when 'cruising'. Above that it's very well optimised.
    Another Fat-Alfie's masterpiece... :)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022