New Features/ Options wishlist 2020-2021

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turtle Power, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    It's already there, no? When I don't have a car and/or a track, the "Launch" button is purple instead of green and it opens a dialog to buy the missing content.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    It's good as an option. When you only have a few friends for a race but want to make it a bit bigger.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Brighter/more realistic LEDs

[​IMG]

Not just for DTM cars but across the board. I suspect this might be a DX9 limitation though(?)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. NavyFlipper HUN

NavyFlipper HUN New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Jump into an official ranked server or you can find tons of leagues with million different series.
    I also have a few friends (too less for good racing) we are join together for official server or we are join together for a league...IMO much better then brainless AI's.

5. Mid Night

Mid Night Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I would actually love to have AI in multi-player. It's like a Co-op mode with your friends against an AI grid.

I have 3 friends who always play together and we always race each other fair and clean. Often other real driver really spoil it with ramming and dive bombing.

AI would be amazing to have a full grid and battle it out with your friends while also battling with the best AI in a Sim.

• Agree Agree x 8
  6. Skev

Skev Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely agree. I mean we're not saying compulsory AI in multiplayer, rather the option for you and a few mates to compete against the AI together.

7. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    If there was a way to limit it to the you and your mates scenario then i wouldnt mind it. But as soon as its an option for everybody who runs a server, the risk of people using it on theirs and thus making the number of useable servers even lower than it already is most of the time anyways is fairly high. And then id side with thxave although i wouldnt go as far as abandoning the game because of it :D

8. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    At the end of the day, it's a matter of personal preferences.

Yes, AI is less realistic and that's a downside. But you also have some advantage. For example, organising a race for only a few people is easier and faster, and you're in full control of cars choice, track, race length, and time of start.

9. [weichenschleicher]

[weichenschleicher] Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    a function to export the laptimes from trainingsserver to the homepage

10. S. FREDRIKSSON

S. FREDRIKSSON Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I would like to be able to see what the daily/weekly ranked combo are from within the game. There is a few images that appears one by one on the multiplayer screen and sometimes it is there but sometimes you have to go out and in of the multiplayer screen quite a few times to see it. Maybe just make a way to click to the next image in the multiplayer screen?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nikolas

Nikolas New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I know no-one wants this, but me boy insists. I want local two-player split-screen to enjoy it on the couch together with my best friend.

12. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Custom points system and penalty weight system for custom championship.

• Like Like x 1
  13. sergeich

sergeich Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    !!! 0 !!! I WANT MY OWN NAME AT CAR BODY!!! WHY WE SHOULD RACE UNDER FOREIGN NAMES?????? I agree to pay for adding my own livery instead buy existing one.
    1. Fair Difficulty level. When somebody race at group 5 car with automatic gearbox - this is not "Get Real".
    2. Settings menu parameters describing. example: "steering wheel ..." (tuning steering wheel ...) this is funny :)
    3. Where is car's body and rear wing reflections at rear mirrors?
    4. VR head move tracking in cockpit - other people will see where is my head really now :) and mirrors reflections should count real head position.
    5. Lobby internet link generator (pressing at site, automatically going to lobby server).
    6. Track constructor :)
    7. Music control buttons for external player (AIMP)
    8. Slicks for Pagani Zonda.
    9.More hillclimb tracks (lap-configured, like Targa Florio or Nsuka).
    10. LEMANS
    11. Few slightly tuned road cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Now that most of the pending issue are do with the UI, it would great to have a content manager like for AC, which would allow us to deal with add on stuff like crew chief, otter hub, allow us to customise or select our preferred HUD as a player rather than each car having its own. It could also be the place to go to look up lap times, ranked server stat etc.

15. Aurigarius

Aurigarius Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    First - no need to shout. Your keyboard seems to have a faulty ! and ? key. :oops:
    1. That's easy. Just set "get real" to your server or only join "get real"-servers.
    3. Why would you half of the mirror to be showing car parts? It might be like that in some real cars but not in all...noone needs that.
    7. You want "get real" stuff but you also want music playing while driving in your Group 5 car? :rolleyes: Thats funny.
    11. It's RACEroom, not STREETroom. The Ford Transit is available in another Sim ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. pfoetiman

pfoetiman Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I agree with you in the first point, but I go a step further. To me it is only real when using a clutch and a h-shifter and not paddles.

But on the other hand I can‘t force everybody to get a clutch and a h-shifter.
    It is still a game and we use it to have fun with other people sharing the same interest, sim racing.
    Let me guess you are also using paddles and automatic clutch with the Group 5 cars.
    I use manual clutch and h-shifter and I am far away from good times, but it is the best experience and the most fun with these cars.
    I don‘t get money for a race but a big smile on my face when I can handle these cars with clutch and h-shifter.

• Like Like x 1
  17. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Since it seems, that Raceroom does fullfill my wishes ( :) ) Like manual inlap, Bilster Berg etc I have new wishes:

- Formation Lap for Rolling and Standing starts ( off, on - last sector, on - whole Lap)
    - Replay possibility for commentators while streaming and commenting
    - My Name on the Plate onboard and on the side windows
    - More telemetry data after the session
    - More after session informations, fastest laps etc after the race, Sector Times, Lap Times, fastest Lap times.
    Possibility to compare with my times driven in older instances of playing to check improvement without choosing the competition modes.
    - Modern Direct X
    - Night races :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Please no more delays to racing! .A full sector or even lap before we start? Do we need full caution periods too? The current situation where we are trapped in multiplayer rooms during the cool down lap for 2 minutes or more is a nightmare, which I hope will be patched ASAP.
    Loading times and between sessions breaks are already long enough, if we do the numbers we spend more time not racing than racing and Rfactor 2 already has a head start on how to waste time.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  19. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, this was MY post of wishes ;) Next time I can ask you, what I can wish. Okay for ya?
    Didn't know that this was the "What Vale wishes / Don't wish something that vale don't like" Thread.

Sorry for being sarcastic, but I don't know why it never takes very long that someone moans about other wishes here.

Full caution is not needed in my opinion, because it doesn't take ages to get the wrecks or the debries off of the virtual track^^

20. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Sure, I respect that it is your choice (I support all your other suggestions too) but I am clueless as to why it´s a good idea. What is the gain from your perspective - the cars will be under AI control so I don´t get it in terms of immersion.

Currently to do a 10 minute multi player race we have 2 minutes loading time, 10 minutes or more practice, qualifying, warm up plus the loading between sessions, now the bugged cool down lap we can´t escape from and you want to add in even more delays. My god it is going to be like an American Football simulator, (joke)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020