24h Spa 2020 - no track limits

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by olli green, Oct 24, 2020.

1. olli green

olli green Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Guys, what do you think of the decision of the race control to not have track limits for the full track, except eau rouge/radillion, for this years 24h of spa?

I watched the qualifying yesterday, and it was really strange...
    It could also cause some very dangerous situations...

Btw: the decision was made, because of a lack of marshalls who could inform about and investigate these track limit incidents.

• Like Like x 1
  2. krimmler

krimmler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    It´s not fine to watch this. Spa is a traditional track, for me it´s a shame how they run over the track limits. Of course Spa is rebuilt for F1 whith curbs and run- off zones but this is no driving standard what we saw in qualifying.

http://gt-place.com/2020/10/23/laur...8YmpcazwPJMyaJdwU8bJjk3vZgvIedNhq-v9RfQlAWGog

For drivers it´s a shame too, but if one use it, all will use it. GT4 race at the moment is not so bad, I hope the 24h today will be like that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. olli green

olli green Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Btw: this is what laurens vanthoor thinks about it...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  4. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Agree. Its not enjoyable at all to watch like this and from a safety perspective it doesnt make any sense either. Also dont get why they cant have an automated system like f1 does (although they only use it on a couple of corners per track for some reason). That way you dont need any stewards looking at track limit infringements and drivers would still be forced to stay on track

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. olli green

olli green Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I've read on a german website, that they now decided to use track limits again for the race after the massive discussions going on. Just some turns are not included. I think it's a good decision.
    Well, let's see how's it going in some hours... :)

Edit: attached is the statement from the race director

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020