Buttkickers are maybe next (never ending sim upgrades)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turtle Power, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    yeah sure thanks. hence that i am new to this and might need some time to remember things from the instruction manuals. Also, still waiting for the package to arrive and most likely it wont happen before mid next month due to corona delays

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  2. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Anyone know a place or a person who might be able to cut aluminium plate 5mm thikness to suit buttkickers mini lfe's?

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Any local engineering firm will do that for you no problems. If you have an angle grinder, a file and a drill you can make those at home too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Look for an easy way out :D... no cutting at home

• Like Like x 1
  5. smokey_rs250

smokey_rs250 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Just got a pair of cheap rockwood 100w body shakers and wired them up to an old SMSL sa 36A-pro amp I had here doing nothing (only 20w continious per channel but a really good little amp). Used simhub to set it up with Raceroom, 1 front, 1 rear. And actually, it rattles the front pretty well which is on the padal plate of my alu extrusion rig (sim-lab GT1 evo clone). Rear a little less as that's on an alu beam. Might try that on the bottom of the race seat maybe.... now need to see if I can dail it in a bit more precise, only used wheelslip and a little road detail. But, for the little money put in, pretty good !

6. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I've got a setup with two of those. Very good for the price. Adds a lot for very little money. I have one screwed directly to the bottom of the seat and one under the wheel deck (adds the road vibrations that raceroom doesn't do very well). I have another small shake I need to put under the pedals as a lock up indicator.

7. Hangon

Hangon Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    That's exactly how I mounted mine to my Obutto

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    Hows the noise with those things? I live in apartment block, should i be concerned? :p

9. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    How do you feel about your neighbors?
    upload_2020-10-19_15-28-17.png

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  10. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Swift update regarding the mounting options. I've managed to get some people involved in making custom brackets. I will try two different options.
    Option 1: is to mount the buttkickers onto an L shaped aluminium bracket 5 mm thick and the bracket will be mounted on an extrusion profile 45x45 below at the back of my seat on which my seat is mounted as well. The front buttkickers will also be mounted on an L shaped bracket on a foot pedal platform (extrusion profiles 45x45) and in line with the back buttkickers.

Option 2: the same location but the buttkickers will be mounted directly onto extrusion profiles. This will also require one aluminium flat plate just so it stays tight and secure.

That being said, I have no idea what will be better out of 2 options, but I am keen on sharing my experience and give you some info about my findings as it may help others in the future. By the way, my amp is still in transit and hope it will arrive at the end of this month hopefully.

Stay tuned for more info. I will post a few photos as well later on.

11. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Buttkickers and tactile feedback is a bit like ffb in that people like different things so there is not necessarily a right way. The best thing is to try out some options and see how it feels to you. One thing is for sure, you will wonder how you ever drove without them....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I just want to get the mount correct. I have seen hundreds of reviews and suggestions because it seem to be one of the most important things. Newbie here I am freaking out.

13. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    If you have discord, go to the simhub channel and look in the "shakeit-basshakers" room. There's a guy called Mr Latte and he's like the world expert on tactile. If he can't help then no one can!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info.

15. Hangon

Hangon Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    If your going to run 4 buttkickers..run in chassis mode(simvibe)..try to keep your buttkicker placement at 4 corners of your rig to get the best separation to simulate the four tires in your car eg: your front left tire runs over a kerb..you just feel the kerb vibration from your left front buttkicker. If placed proper and configured proper it really gives you a better feel of the car on track ...and definitely adds a lifelike immersion as the effects mimic the motions of the car on track . eg; two buttkickers at front of your rig at each corner ..buttkicker on each side of your seat

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Almost there, photos are coming soon. I have mounted all 4 transducers. Not everything is as it should be due to limited space. Unfortunatelly, having my rig on some sort of feet (as per recommendation) will be a huge task. I will try without the feet and if I am satisfied its a win. If not, I guess there is a sh#T lods of work to do.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
  17. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Doesn't have to be feet as such, anything that decouples the rig from the floor is good. I have some neoprene rubber type matting and I just cut 4 squares and lifted the rig and slid under each corner.

18. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    My rig is sitting on a carpeted wooden platform. Not directly on the floor. Will see what happens? I will attach a few photos. So far, all connected and hopefully later today will fire this up and go through the software setup as per simxperience instructions.

19. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    An amp and computer platform
    2 (Large).jpg
    1 (Large).jpg
    3 (Large).jpg

Rear Transducers
    5 (Large).jpg
    6 (Large).jpg

Front Transducers
    20201031_151542 (Large).jpg
    Sim rig
    20201104_084638 (Large).jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
  20. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I will consider having my rig lifted on a heavy duty feet. First want to get familiar with not having feet and then will be able to tell the difference and share with you. It may help a little as a future reference.