Essential lap information missing in replays

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CaptainCoffee, Oct 25, 2020.

1. CaptainCoffee

CaptainCoffee Esports Manager Beta tester

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    At the moment, replay files are missing essential information - lap count, lap time etc

There have been a few topics about it, but I'm gonna ask for it anyway: please add it in the replay files. All the other information is there (gear, speed, rpm, position) but the essential laptime is missing.

Only for leaderboard challenges the fastest lap gets exported to a standalone replay file. For competitions however, it's recorded as a "test session".

Finding the fastest lap in a 30-60 minute session is impossible. Even when you recorded the session from cockpit (with external recording software, so you can see the laptimes) it's a tough job to find the exact lap.

If it's not possible to add the data in the replay (can it be explained why it's not possible?), please consider making the option to save a separate replay for the fastest lap in the session - regardless if it's a leaderboard challenge, practice session, qualification, race or competition.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    One thing that helps me find a quick lap is that i flash the lights when crossing the line so that ill know the lap was at the very least my fastest lap of the session up to that point. If you only flash the lights say up to five times per session and roughly remember when you got your best lap it is possible to find the best lap without too much trouble. Of course thats only a workaround tho and an implementation like you suggested would be preferred :D

3. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Replays do need an upgrade. Lap/sector times, driver names, automatic fastest lap saving, ability to choose which type of replays get saved, easier navigation. It was only two days ago I found out there's a brilliant 'aerial' view available, but to use it you have to select the director's chair icon on the interface, and then cycle through different modes with the END key. Clunky.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I think they said there will be a new replay UI in the future.

5. CaptainCoffee

CaptainCoffee Esports Manager Beta tester

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully the missing data will be added as well.

I did check with a C# program to see if there was any data available in the Shared Memory, but all I got was -1

6. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    I think they even said, that this is next thing that they work on regarding UI updates. So maybe this will come out soon™

7. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

8. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    From Summer Dev Notes:
    So I assume it might be pushed in one of upcoming updates (probably THE BIG one in December, that with all the juicy stuff).
    Unless... this replay menu is reffering to replay browser and not replay hud.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    Nico, I tried to follow your advice with the Formula RaceRoom Junior but even after watching my 2 hours replay 5 times, I haven't still found my fastest lap!! :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Jacob Marshall

Jacob Marshall Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Replays just got worse.

The browser is now an ugly Explorer window, and it's failed to save the actual fastest lap of the session; it was valid lap because it updated the Leaderboard.

The LB lap is about 1.5s faster than the AllTimeBest that has been saved.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Gordon McDonald

Gordon McDonald New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So even with the latest update to RaceRoom and it's UI, laptimes are still missing from all replays.
    It appears to be a conscious decision by the developer for some reason.
    You can display a HUD with gear and speed info, but it obfuscates laptimes and position.
    Ideally we could have a lap counter and timer and at a stretch maybe consider a Throttle and Brake position indicator too ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Those should already be possible. Just assign a button to the input meter and you should be able to see your inputs during a replay (and on track as well obviously)

13. Michael L

Michael L Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I use Second Monitor app in the background to capture telemetry for its analyzer. After the race, it listed all lap time and lap #.