Can we get 24h instead of 10h maximum race time in SP?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Morris Messing, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Morris Messing

Morris Messing Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    can we get a maximum race duration of 24h for single player races? I'd love to take my 911 GT3 for a 2 laps around the clock on the Nordschleife. I do not ask for a Day-Night cycle. Just for the duration. Thank you Sector3 and keep up the solid work :)

2. Aurigarius

Aurigarius Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    why?
    Doesn't really makes sense without having a driver change option first

3. Morris Messing

Morris Messing Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Why?
    Because I want to drive a 24h race. Thats it. Obviously I can't to this I a single go. Either I will pause the game and continue later or invite some friends to do a real life driver change. It does not matter. I'd just like to have the possibility to do it ;)

4. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Not something I'd ever use, but I can't imagine it would be all that hard to do. I've always wondered why there are limits at all. For example, why limit practice to 360 minutes? Why not 999 or however long I like?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Morris Messing

Morris Messing Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I hope it is as easy as just changing the number in the code. I mean in standalone practice mode the clock counts back from 24h so the game engine seams to can handle it. There might be a problem with the last lap making the race longer than 24h:00m:00s, depending on how the code is written. If there is a developer reading this and it is as easy as adjusting the number: Could you please do so? ^^ Thank you ;)

6. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Good point. I love the game and found out it has these limits. I mostly do multiclass endurance races. I hope they expand on certain options/features below:
    - ability to do 24hr races.
    - day/night cycle. expand on current transitions. I am not asking for dynamic weather.
    - driver swap/driver stints both SP/MP.
    - a save feature for a race your doing just for convenience SP.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    That would be hard. Something to do with the engine supporting only one light source I think, meaning no headlights. Or so I read somewhere.

8. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    In that case fair enough

9. ariel_acade

ariel_acade New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hllo ,a few days ago it won¨t let me log in to RR ,it says "502 bad gateway" does anyone know what it might be?

10. Aurigarius

Aurigarius Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    No...but why are you using this thread for asking that?
    Make a new one

11. zego

zego New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am as well looking for these 24h features since a long time. We had a couple of great and funny 24 events with GTR2. Now I am testing ACC to start such an event again after this long time. But overall, I will stay with Raceroom Experience!