Question How to Message?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nash Bobo, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Nash Bobo

Nash Bobo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    How do you message a driver you just competed against. Just wanted to congratulate him. He won, I lost, but we raced clean in multiplayer.

"Nash"

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Press C. Type message.

3. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    ravey1981, need more details. Tried pressing "C" and nothing. On what page ect.

4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    in game after the race before the results

Andi

5. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Double check in control assignments what the chat hotkey is.....maybe C is my custom setting, can't remember

6. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I was referring to after the race and RR has switch drivers to the Race Finishing order page. Anyway from the profile pages ether from my page or the driver I want to message?
    "Nash"

7. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I donĀ“t believe there is a chat or message function once a race has finished. You could try adding the player as a friend from the web account page console and then maybe it is possible to contact them.

8. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Thanks
    Vale

9. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    While at it, can we scroll through past chat messages? Had a message sent to me but disappeared too soon, and I had to ask again :). Also, can we move the location of the chat messages? There should be some kind of chat system.

10. VeryStef

VeryStef New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Is there any way to assign predefined messages in Raceroom like in iRacing, "Pass Left" / "Pass Right" would be useful.

Thx.

11. geoffers

geoffers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Not that I have found, unless I have missed something somewhere.

Would be nice to be able to message friends within the game. Similarly it would be nice to have a chat page function when in multiplayer. At present you can only see & post chat messages when you are on track & they only stay up for a short time, so all in all very easy to miss & no way to review them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Jenny GW

Jenny GW New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    8 years later and no change. No reply from RR, either.

Sooooo, why not make it possible, RR ??

13. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    The question was answered. Press the chat button and type a message.

14. HiCkS

HiCkS Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Maybe a field on the use profile to add Discord username, so after a race, if we really want to talk to that driver, we can check his Raceroom profile (from the race history results) and if he has the discord field filled then you can find him there.

15. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    ravey1981. Where is control assignments? What and where is a chat button in control assignments? Can you show us pictures. These are the people I would like to text/write in my contact page in my profile. Raceroom calls it contacts. So, we should be able to contact them, right?

Thanks Nash
    contacts.png

16. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Nash its not and you know it doesnt exist / ravey was referring to in server/race chat ....

Andi

17. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I only saw half the thread as I was ignoring a user. For every one person who wants to "congratulate" post race there would be 10 that send abuse. I don't think it's a good idea.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Chris Mackenzie

Chris Mackenzie Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    For someone who is in a localised community the ability to contact other players would be an awesome addition!

I often see other players in the Australian/New Zealand region and would like to be able to invite them to join (or at least have a look at) the community. The only little chance I currently have to to search their name in Raceroom and send a friend request - and HOPE they will see the in game "notification" then look at my "profile" and join using the "link" I have there.

I totally understand that a form of direct communication is open to abuse from idiots who are out to troll (generally they are the wreckers on the track also!) and ragers (actually guys we dont need you ruining our Raceroom experience!)

But what about us genuine passionate racers who want to reach out to other players and build the community. It would be great to be able to ping someone you've just had a great race with and say - "Hey! Great Race, I'm part of a Community you might want to check out......" Im going to guess that a HUGE percentage of players dont use the Steam Discussions, or this forum (or if they do its usually to whinge about something) - so posting details of community events etc will largely fall on deaf er...eyes ;)

I fear that some new guys to Raceroom, come in - do some laps, maybe struggle a little, see the unfortunately low numbers of online racers in the servers and just leave never to be seen again - not knowing that there's a community in their region that could offer some good (and mostly clean) online racing for them....

Without sounding abusive - Raceroom is a little faceless when it comes to its player-base communication - sorry but thats the way I see it.

Chris

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I agree with Chris. Many games have ways to communicate, so apparently the pros outweigh the cons for them.