News (beta) Multiplayer Rankings

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Jan 8, 2020.

1. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Ok, profile appears uneditable now, and MP just uses Name.

2. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    In Portal, isn't the information Ranked Multiplayer updated daily? Though I've joined races almost daily, the latest line still shows Oct 16 (and the previous line actually states Oct 9.
    (screenshot just now):
    upload_2020-10-26_8-36-35.png

3. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    You sure the servers you joined were all ranked servers? If yes, you might want to ask J-F about it. Maybe he can see something.

4. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Oh, not actually. Are those stats only updated for Ranked (R) servers? I don't even remember joining a Ranked server yet, but have had stats updating daily since Sept 16-30, so I assumed it updates for any server I join.

5. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    You can indeed only gain/lose rating, reputation and activity score on the ranked servers

6. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Ok. Just double checked all, and realized they were all ranked servers. Recently been going in unranked servers, as they had the car/track combos i was interested in, since they changed. No wonder.

So one more thing, in unranked servers, no stats are affected (ie. Incidents, DNF, etc)?
    Thanks.

7. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Exactly

• Like Like x 1
  8. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I play in VR and on Rookie Servers I do not see the drive through or slow down message at all. If Crewchief says something about slow down, I do not know how much and if it is enough.
    Make a forced slow down or something but not drive through and then directly disqualification. Happened to me at least 5 times over the last couple days. Every time I lose ~60 ranking.

In VR there are no messages, so I am completely lost.

9. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    make sure to set in game overlay to atleast "essentials only", i use vr aswell and i see all messages and warnings

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. zedixx

zedixx New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Salut, dans le classement, il est toujours marqué mon ancienne équipe, il ne remplace pas par la nouvelle.?

there are problems with incidents, when someone hits you you receive 4 less incident points then you made no mistakes this is not normal

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  11. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    actually this is normal
    It's extremely hard to write a system, which decides flawlessly, who's at fault. Both sides receive penalty points- the idea is that, dirty drivers will gather more penalty points (or bigger reputation hits) over time (with several different drivers) and will stay in no reputation gated server, while clean drivers move to 75+rep servers

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  12. MattYKee

MattYKee Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    could you score the penalty based on the driver doing the higher speed before impact?

13. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    This is not even close to being a valid criteria for this.

One example: unsafe rejoin at a high speed area. If you think about it for 5 minutes you can come up with a lot more of these cases surely.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. AlexBlob

AlexBlob Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    There have been attempts in the past to put "blame" onto someone, and what always happens is that one of us can find out a way to abuse it so someone else gets the penalty. Look at GTS a while back to see how this system doesn't work well.

15. zedixx

zedixx New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sur 2 courses je perd 40 points a cause de mec qui vous fait des touchettes sur le pare choc arrière .... le système sait pas faire la différence? Et 4 incidents c'est abuser..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  16. lennyallover

lennyallover Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Wouldn't differentiating between an impact at the front of vehicle and the rest of the car help? Given that if the car's hit in the sides or rear it's unlikely to be at fault ( plenty of exceptions including the one you already provided) but as a general rule of thumb

17. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    No. Because if I am the car in front I can brake harder than usual, causing the car behind to hit me and give him points. All methods that attempt to apportion blame can be abused.

The no blame system will be staying.

18. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I agree no system can be 100% accurate about incidents but in the current system accuracy is by define 50%. I think any attempt to set some rules that would try to determine blame would get better accuracy, let say 80% (better than 50). Yes some might abuse it but in the long term it would reward cautious drivers. And abusers would stand out at some point.

BTW, is there a rule about who to blame in case of driver getting out of track, join back and cause a collision ? or thats like any other incident and both get penalty points ?

19. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Yeah it's not going to happen. It will always be no blame.

Any collision between cars, no matter what the circumstances, both cars get points.

20. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    That's the part that is questionable to me. I mean, in some other games there were people who were abusing the penalty system for months and were still driving in high-safety lobbies. At least in R3E the one who's at fault gets a penalty in 100% cases.

I suppose the choice here is which is worse: having consistent abusers vs. punishing victims as well as those who are at fault.