Logitech G29, no FFB

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by geoffers, Feb 18, 2020.

1. geoffers

geoffers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I am having a problem getting my G29 wheel to work correctly. I have had it for about 2 years & it has worked fine on my Win7 PC, I have just bought a new Win10 PC & I cannot get the FFB to work on the G29. Everything else on the wheel & pedals works fine.

When I first setup the wheel on the new PC, I mistakenly installed Logitech G-Hub software to run it instead of the Logitech Gaming Software that it actually requires, so uninstalled G-Hub & installed LGS. The wheel initialises OK & shows up on LGS & I can set up the profile OK, but on starting RaceRoom, or indeed other sims, & trying to drive there is no FFB. The wheel is quite stiff to turn & there are no effects coming back through the wheel.

I have tried a few 'fixes' posted elsewhere on the net but none have cured the problem. Has anyone here had this problem & if so how did you cure it?

2. geoffers

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Just thought I would post an update on this in case anyone else is having this problem.

Have now got my G29 working OK. Ignore advice about needing Logitech Gaming Software to run the G29 on PC, just download the latest Logitech G-Hub software (recently updated) & install & run it. Tried it after watching a video about setting up the G29 on PC and I now have a fully working G29.

• Like Like x 1
  3. sergeich

sergeich Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Yes, sometimes we need fully uninstall all Logitech soft and make clean reinstall.

4. zoacs0

zoacs0 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Now I have the same issue with the newest update. Deleted and re-installed everything but it still isn't working. The wheel calibrate itself, seems ffb should work, but nothing in Raceroom. Any ideas? Thank you

5. geoffers

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
  6. zoacs0

zoacs0 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you, I went through on it and did everything as it was described but unfortunately it did not help. Everything works fine except ffb in Raceroom. I started ETS2 and there is working properly. Also checked RR settings but the ffb set ups are ok. No idea.. :-(

7. geoffers

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to say, neither have I Zoacs. I am not usually very good with technical problems, I just try googling my problem or ask on forums & try suggested solutions until it is solved. Hopefully someone else will have an idea.