Problem 'Old tracks' need serious improvements

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Adam Jonas, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Hey!

I know you busy guys, but I think it's time to start this thread as well.

At Macau, when I'm alone, I have 100+ FPS (usually between 110 and 150), while at other 'old' tracks like Nürburgring, with the same settings and hardware, and alone again, I just have around 60-70 FPS. (Same story with Oschersleben.)

2. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    I will be speaking outside of my area of expertise, but is my understanding that a closed off track like Macau is less heavy on the system then a open track like Nurburgring due to the bigger draw distance and larger amount of objects that have to be drawn on an open track like Nurburgring or Shanghai. Those tracks have areas where you can see until the other end of the track and everything in between, where as in a track like Macau you can barely see around the corner.

But it might be better to await a more construct answer from someone that can confirm or deny the above, like said, its not my area of expertise anymore!

Having said that I know the guys are working on constant improvements so hopefully we can always look forward to better fps ;)

• Informative Informative x 4
  3. Rujasu

Rujasu New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    That said, it would be great to have a draw distance slider in the game. As realistic as it is, I don't actually need to see the other end of the track, it's just there to bog down my PC.

• Agree Agree x 2