AMS2 GTR3 !

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RIZZI, Oct 31, 2020.

1. RIZZI

RIZZI Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
  2. Bauer

Bauer Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    I found them to be totally underwhelming, to be perfectly honest. For me they don't compare to those in R3E or ACC. Or AC even.

Reiza may well have shot themselves in the foot by moving towards "mainstream" content, which is far easier to compare to other sims than they more niche stuff that has populated their sim so far.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    In all fairness, they have not removed the exotic content though so you get most of both worlds. I am personnaly happy with that.

But if RRE could match their road feel then i would be even happier

5. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Not really the point I was making though, is it? If anything, it raises more questions. If you compare similar content in four or five sims and one of them feels off the mark, then it makes you wonder about all the content you can't compare too.

Is that using the default FFB or a custom profile? I tried the default after the latest patch and it still feels as flat as a pancake to me. R3E and custom profiles is still far better.

6. Carlos Barros

Carlos Barros Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Something should be wrong with this sim, as I feel good driving a GT3 Porsche, which doesn't happen on other sims.

7. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    well I would say point was clear enough to me

and regarding your other comment about Road feel in AMS2, I mean we don't drive the same Sim if you feel tracks as "flat as a pancake"

Big respect to ravey1981 for having done this attempt at customizing FFB, I am using an adjusted variant myself, but suggesting that RRE is far better than AMS2 in that department is totally misleading people.

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/t300-bumps-and-road-vibration-experimental.14537/

8. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I was quite suprised by the the new GT3/4s tbh, and ended up spending a good few hours trying them all out properly. The GT3 Merc and McLaren in particular felt solid to me. What I found more encouraging though was their wider work on all physics and FFB - There's quite a big change there that's gone a little under the radar what with the new content. I went back and tried a few of the other cars and found many of the previous niggles to be gone. To test both ends of the spectrum, the V8 supers at Bathurst and Adelaide, and classic Mini Coopers at Cadwell all felt really good.

There might be a little bit of new-toy sydrome there, but this weekend was the longest I've spent with the game without just bouncing off it to either RRE or ACC. They still have a lot of work to do, but I reckon they're on the right path now.

9. RIZZI

RIZZI Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Everyone has their own point of view, personally I only play Race room, I love this game and yet I have AMS2 Iracing AND rFactor2
    But defending Race Room by claiming that it is much better in every way is wrong.
    Iracing, AMS2, rFactor2 are much better for simulation games.
    The main thing is to find fun in a game, for me it's Race Room, but it's not the best.
    Nicky Thiim said in a video that Race Room was a game to play with friends, not a 'real' simulation.
    I don't need his opinion to get an idea, but this idea is shared by a good number of players, too.
    I have friends who play rFactor2 and Iracing who hate Race Room and don't understand that I am staying on Race Room.
    I tell them he's not the best, but I find pleasure in it.
    Each game has its own community, but you have to defend it with realistic arguments and recognize its flaws.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I agree, Raceroom is a complete package for me. It is just fun without any fiddling. I play exclusively in VR and RF2/AMS2 do not have horizontal lock. It is too bouncy, depending on track / car combo it is a puke simulator. PC2 was better somehow.
    RRE or AC have horizontal lock but AC does not have world scale. For me I would need to increase to world scale by 1.1, everything is much smaller.
    -> Nothing is a "real" simulator as long as my butt does not feel the car. Nicky Thiim said that probably because of the simplicity of the tires, especially on the earlier versions.

btw the loading times of RF2 are SO bad, I just sit there with the freaking Oculus and stare on the loading screen for minutes (le mans / Nordschleife)... That is a game breaker for me.

11. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    That's not true though. I play exclusively in VR too and the view can be locked to the horizon in both titles.

12. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    That's only on first load of a new/updated track though? I'm not saying they're not bad - They're awful - but for me it's just that first time. Subsequent times are far more 'normal'.

13. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    ??? Where? People are asking for this feature for years in RFactor2. RFactor2 has 3 settings for this but not a single one is a horizontal, it reduces it only. In AMS2 you can only reduce it. I set the settings months ago and did not see anything in change logs.

14. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Then what can I say, keep ignoring the fact that both sims have it.:D In rF2 there is an option literally called 'Stabilize Horizon' and 0% World Movement does exactly what it suggests in AMS2 as well.:rolleyes:

15. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Why are they better?

16. RIZZI

RIZZI Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    It would be best if you test and come back with your point of view.
    I am not here to praise other games, it would be wrong on this forum.
    Especially since I only play Race Room because it's easier to play and that's what I'm looking for, I play a lot on iRacing and rFactor 1 and 2 but you need to have a lot of time to train, This is no longer the case today. So Race room suits me better today.
    I will just finish that I did the 24h of Mans on iRacing as a team and 6h of Le Mans on Rfactor2 with a change of driver, it's another world.
    Also in iRacing for example you can also watch any race, play in ghost mode with the best players in the world etc etc.
    I separate the quality of the games and explain why I play Race Room today.

17. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    RF2: It is a slight stabilizer, even on high the bouncing is way too much. AMS2 has two sliders. You need a mix of both. As far I remember, you will move up and down in the car a lot if you set it 0. -> Cannot remember the exact settings, they took it from PC2 but their version was worse. The problem is known or at least up to a month ago or so.
    Do you play in VR?
    IF the VR implementation in RF2 or AMS2 would be great a very good friend of me would try to run them in his VR Arcade (private game versions obviously are not allowed). Instead he is using PC2 with a full Fanatec DD1 and Heusinkfeld setup with a Valve Index.
    Maybe I should try the VR sliders in AMS2 again. RF2 is still terrible, 90% of people would get sick very very fast.

18. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, sorry, I forgot that the rF2 implementation is not perfect. But at least it makes it tolerable. Reiza on the other hand changed the camera movement implementation and disabling world movement is equal to a full lock, I'm pretty sure of that.

19. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    What's the equivalent of R3E's Lag/Pitch value in AMS2, say Lag/Pitch = 75?

20. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Well, my point of view is: those games have more features, but R3E also has some advantages, and regarding the quality of simulation I have no reason to think R3E is worse than them. I can't call any of the games "much better overall", you just pick whatever game fits your requirements the best.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1