recording laptimes

Discussion in 'Car Information and physics updates' started by tom-mainz, Nov 10, 2020.

1. tom-mainz

tom-mainz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

i recognized that sometimes my laps are not recorded. Even if there is no penalty or something like this . Same with lap timing. I am setting new best lap but instead of showing the new record lap as the new reference lap, the old record remains.

Thx for help

friendly Regards
    Tom

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I experience something similar when I do Leaderboard challenges or Competitions and the game uses my best time from my previous attempts as a reference for the whole session, instead of updating the reference to the current session's fastest lap. I don't remember which steps exactly do I take to launch a session where it happens. However, this is only an issues (or a feature?) with reference, my record laps are still recognised and submitted to the server just fine.

Is that what's happening to you too or is it different? Do you have the same problem in a regular practice, for example?

3. tom-mainz

tom-mainz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yes, excactly the same. I even turned of all firewalls etc. Sometimes laps are recorded sometimes not. Really frustrating if you set an new record (what does not happen so often) and nothing happens!

4. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    It's not the same though, no? What happens to me is just a minor inconvenience when I take some weird steps to launch a challenge, but no laps are lost. They don't show up immediately on the website, it might take some time.

• Agree Agree x 2