I can't buy / update the STARTER PACK

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by marciovs28, Nov 17, 2020.

1. marciovs28

marciovs28 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    good night
    I have been a Raceroom user since 2015, and about 3 years ago I bought the STARTER PACK for my account.
    I realized that with today's update (16/11), some new cars have been added to the STARTER PACK, and I don't own some of them (as shown in the attached prit), and at the same time I also don't have the option to buy the update of this pack.

Months ago I also bought Sepang, which today is official content. The same happened with Formula JR.
    Thus, it becomes complicated to acquire new content at launch, trying to help the studio maintain and develop new content, and then I face this type of situation where I feel silly to buy content at launch and then see that the same items are cheaper or even free. Thanks

Attached Files:

• pack.jpg
      pack.jpg
      File size:
      317.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    If I remember correctly, the number of cars in the Starter pack was about the same, which means there are some cars that were in this pack before and are not a part of it anymore - but you still have them on your account. Which means you didn't exactly lose anything...

Regarding items getting cheaper, well, I think we just have to deal with it. That's how this game is monetised. You either buy packs now with a big discount and then buy new content for its base price, or you wait for years and then get it cheaper.

3. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Starter Pack removed content:
    BMW M3 GT2
    McLaren 650 GT3
    Ford Mustang GTO
    Greenwood Gr5
    VW Golf TCR18
    Audi DTM16

Sepang and FRJ were passed to free status years ago.

The new pack is definitely much better as you have the best cars in the most popular classes. It is not a great thing for those of us with older iterations of the pack who don´t want or need the Pro or Premium packs as we can´t rebuy the pack.

Obviously, it would be unreasonable to expect to get the old content plus the new stuff for just one purchase, but it would be a nice gesture to offer us the new car content at a discounted rate (like when we have a TCR18 and move to a TCR19, especially the 3 cars which are more recent versions of same class cars but different brands. (Mclaren to M6, VW to Honda, DTM16 to 20).

Right now we are stuck with 3 cars that in multiplayer are either not competitive or from an obsolete class.

Another point is that GT3 now more than ever is going to be an M6 cup class.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. marciovs28

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    I'm not asking to have the content updated for free. If I were to buy the new items included in the STARTER PACK separately, it would be much more expensive than having the option to buy the STARTER PACK again, you know?

Only I don't have that option, because about two years ago I already bought it. It makes no sense!

What should be done is the option to buy this pack again using content that I already have as a discount model for the rest of the items in the pack, as it happens in several other cases, where the store considers the content that I already have. A good example is the European track pack

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, that would be good, but there's a catch. We can't expect the "buy again" option for every pack, obviously, because then you can buy Premium pack and then keep buying it again, getting the most recent content with 90% discount - that's not going to happen. So, which packs should have this option? That's another decision that the publisher has to make.

6. marciovs28

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    I understood! From now on I will no longer buy content at launch, paying full price on cars and tracks, and then that same content will be compiled into a new pack that has an interesting discount for new users and not the same thing with old members.

Not to mention the items I paid for and are free today. I was interested in the Porsche GTE, Daytona and a few more items, but better to wait until some holiday promotion or buy only next year.
    Thank you for your attention!

7. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    One could also counter argue that someone who has supported the game and already paid between 50 and 100 euros for the premium pack (depending on discounts and VRP) would deserve a special price on new content and not have to pay up to 5 euros for an individual car, as is the case with DTM20 or a latest gen GT3 car just to get on the ranked servers.

I know that RRE is better value than stuff like Fifa or Project Cash as you get all the game improvements for free but it would still be a well received gesture to have some special conditions to keep supporting the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Early purchases of most games work out more expensive than waiting (pre beta or crowd fundings excepted). That´s the price to pay for being an early adopter. The premium pack has way more content now than 3 years ago for the same price, it will always be better to wait in that case and definitely wait for a sale.