RACE ROOKIE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ema76, Nov 21, 2020.

1. ema76

ema76 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone sometimes not being able to compete in my reputation or rating I enter rookie session ...
    Well I must say that the level is really low and the driving experience totally disappointing for very inept and idiotic " drivers " .
    A harmful series that I do not recommend and that surely should fixed in some way.

2. Oscar_GT

Oscar_GT Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Well there should be implemented a kind of safety rating even there.....
    It can be useful...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ema76

ema76 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's right Oscar , sometimes it seems that accidents are caused on purpose but this is not Wreckfest game...

4. Oscar_GT

Oscar_GT Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Well more than sometimes. I always agreed more rules means more fun. Otherwise in a week you can loose wants to play..

• Like Like x 1
  5. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    What exactly do you expect? The only way a rating system can work is to have a place where people with no rating can earn one. Otherwise, how else would you get started? Unfortunately that means dealing with crap driving standards until you earn a high enough rating to move onto cleaner events, but that's just the way it is.

If you have some masterplan which nobody else has thought of on how things could be done differently, why not make that suggestion instead of just saying "fix it"? Fix it how?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Oscar_GT

Oscar_GT Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    No one say nothing against other people. Just highlight a fact that some server are a kind of jungle. I do not own any solution but can I give my opinion about that?

Can we built a safety level even offline for example?

• Like Like x 1
  7. geoffers

geoffers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    If you want to build your reputation score then stay out of trouble. The best ways to do that are to be at the front or to be at the back, most of the carnage occurs in the midfield. So if you are not fast enough to be at the front then don't set a time in qualifying & start at the back & sit back & watch the idiots wiping each other out. Getting to the finish will not only improve your reputation but also your ranking, then you can move on to the other servers with less idiots.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. ema76

ema76 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bene Goffik il problema è che io ci vedo pochissime persone su server rookie che vogliono migliorare la loro reputazione o la loro correttezza, ma piuttosto persone che non hanno idea di quello che stanno facendo ... in pista.
    Sono partito da lì come tutti ma sempre nel rispetto dell'avversario ... punto fondamentale per crescere e migliorare

9. ema76

ema76 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My solution ? if after 5/ 10 races you have disappointing performances in terms of rating and reputatin , you can no loger participate in online competitions . Just do other things in a life like... gardening

10. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Is it really so hard to understand that everybody has a low rating and reputation at the beginning? And that no new player could ever enter ranked races if EVERY ranked server had a higher rating or reputation requirement? I mean, this is basic logic. There HAS TO be an entry point for everybody.

Actually I'm utterly amazed at this lack of understanding. o_Oo_Oo_O

11. Maarten

Maarten Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    @ema76
    Our league is starting a new rookie league season soon. People that are misbehaving there are penalised. If you're interested the link to the discord is in my signature.

• Like Like x 1
  12. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Getting over 75 reputation takes about two or three cautious races on rookies server. After that you're free to join the rest. That's like an hour of time investment to get over rookie server and never visit it again...

Not really worth any fixing imho.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    That depends on how rating and rep systems work. Not all of them start everyone on the lowest level.

• Like Like x 1
  14. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps as you gain a higher rating you also gain better armour or BFG's, can never go wrong with BFG's.
    The ranked servers are literally a car crash, to go on a ranked server is tantamount to throwing away rank at every turn, it's appalling, only cure will be to employ a steward for a few weeks, wheedle out the chaff and that's not going to happen. It's a far too small pool to start with and with 20% of them being numpties it's just not worth putting your rank on the line. Guess until someone trains an AI we're all at the mercy of snotty nosed 10 year olds and Ego's unwilling to be overtaken. :rolleyes:
    ACC's not much better if at all, so the only way appears to be the iRansom way and ban people, which would require employees to overlook and make judgement, not going to happen, so what does one do to eliminate arseholes, best option at the moment is stay clear of the ranked servers, which sucks. Maybe we need a shaming gallery/thread but then that would also need monitoring. Nope, it's all down to someone training up an AI to do the job and I fear that's a goodly while off, so back to armour and BFG's I guess!

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    The starting point is irrelevant. You can always fall below this or any other rating or reputation requirement, theoretically down to 0. And when every ranked server has a requirement on these where do you go then?