Problem Starting time is too long from Steam

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by ChuseR, Nov 23, 2020.

1. ChuseR

ChuseR New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

I recently discovered RR and these days i've trying the sim to avoid paying again for iRacing. The second time I tried to play (through Steam), "Starting..." loading screen take soo much time, more than 20 minutes and it is still the same since then. Literally, I started the sim just before discovering, looking for an alternative solution of the ones explained below, register myself , write and post in this forum and just before the end of this message it started.

I have tried several methods: Launch option as "-cefNoGPU -cefNoBlacklist", reinstall the whole sim, delete/rename My Documents folder, run RRR.exe as troubleshooting mode, check for bad files on Steam... and a combination of them, but nothing worked. Any other idea? Thank you!!

PD: My setup: AMD ryzen 5 3600, rtx 2060, 16 Gb RAM, 2x SSD evo samsung, ultrawide monitor, G29.

2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    R3E is "always online", meaning you need an active internet connection the entire time you are playing it. It also means that any interruption or degradation in connection to the S3 servers results in error screens and/or extremely long loading times. This happens from time to time if something is up with the servers, or it might be your own internet connection, or your geographical location.

3. ChuseR

ChuseR New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you! I didnt know that fact. I will try to play connected by cable to have 600mbps maybe that solves my problem. I am fromSpain, where is/are the server/s located?

4. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    S3 are based in Sweden I think, though that doesn't necessarily mean their servers are there too. I assume they are though. I'm in the UK with our crappy internet infrastructure, and only have server issues when there are problems with the servers themselves. Hopefully switching to a cabled connection will sort this problem out for you. :)

5. ChuseR

ChuseR New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It seems not working for me, this is where I get stuck.
    Lucky you have access to imported japannesse real cars in the uk instead of a good internet network hahahahaha

Attached Files:

6. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Yes, this is one of the steps where the game loads some info from R3E servers. Not much though - it's not like you need 100+ Mbps for that. For me it was loading fine even on a 10 Mbps connection. I'd guess there are some network issues here. Firewall of any sort? Your internet provider blocking the connection to R3E servers? Something like that...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The servers should be located in Germany.

8. Alexandros Annivas

Alexandros Annivas New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Downloaded the game 2 days ago. It was never opening no mater what. Double click... small picture that is loading... black screen then out again in desktop. Tried validating files in steam nothing...
    Next day deleted the game. Doanlaod from the beginning. Worked but couldnt fogure out the ffb.
    Today tried opening again to test some ffb settings found here... guess what... black screen...
    no firewall, and speed like below.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  9. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Around lunchtime today I was having problems with long loading times too - only in RRE not AC. I did a steam validation then loaded the game from steam and it was running fine after that. HavenĀ“t tried straight from desktop again.

@Alexandros Annivas I wonder if it was a general issue today or perhaps something related to connecting from Dubai. Did your try using a VPN? Are you the same guy that raced a Clio cup in the UAE Touring Cars btw???

10. Alexandros Annivas

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Not sure if a general issue. First day didnt work. Second day deleted download again worked. Third day (today) not working.
    ac and Acc works ok.

Yes I am that guy.
    But now swapped to TCRs

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  11. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
  12. Alexandros Annivas

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Not sure it is the ISP's, because it worked 1 day in between.
    Showing black screen then the analysis of the screen goes very low while throwing me back to desktop and screen analysis gets back to where it was automatically and game continues to be running apparently on the background because the counter in steam continues going and say I have played 2.5 hours. o_Oo_Oo_O

I have no idea about tech stuff in computers (only know how to open them and follow the pop ups) but I am starting to believe that it might be conflict with the resolution because I am using a 55" TV instead of a monitor which it will be strange cause all other titles work without an issue.

13. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Did you try using a VPN? UAE blocking is the most likely explanation.

14. Alexandros Annivas

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    wasnt the VPN. But will keep in mind in case it is not allowing me to join some servers.

Solutions for my two issues were. In game settings were very crutial and also unassigned buttons (which showed disconnected was the issue).
    More over the issue of the game showing blackscreen and throwing me back to desktop was because of the graphic setting being very high (since I am using a tv and setting was 4k x 2k x 1980). Now working ok.

On a good note the sportsmanship is way way higher than AC or ACC or GT Sport. Spend a good 2 hours online.