Why was I DQ'ed from a race?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by exicuter, Nov 20, 2020.

1. exicuter

exicuter New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was doing a race on a server, and on the first lap, at the end of the back straight of Racingroom Raceway, the player to my left drove straight into me, on the inside line. It was completely this driver's fault. Immediately, the game said I was DQed and dropped me. I sat there in disbelief for 30 seconds.

My entire purpose of using this sim is to better my driving skills in real life track use. I do a few track days a year and hope to some day own and race a full race car, likely a Spec e46. I'd never intentionally partake in some kind of action that would DQ me.

What on earth would cause that?

2. CaptainCoffee

CaptainCoffee Esports Manager Beta tester

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    Difficult to know for sure, but there are a couple things that could've lead to this
    • Maybe the server owner disqualified you manually
    • Maybe you already had a couple incident points before this (going off track (slightly), vehicle hits etc)
    Since you want to use it to improve your driving skills for IRL, I'd suggest using the Single Player practice (and if you feel alone, add some AI). The free2play content servers attracts a lot of rammers unfortunately

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. S. FREDRIKSSON

S. FREDRIKSSON Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Was it a ranked multiplayer server? If so, you can go to the Portal and see what the incidents points you got.

4. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    If it was a private server it's possible it was set up with some low incident limit treshold, so even one incident could have DQed you. I recommend racing on the ranked servers, they are still basically public lobbies, but in general they have reasonable racing discipline most of the time, and they are set up with sensible rules.

5. exicuter

exicuter New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm very new and still figuring out the online portion.
    It was not a ranked sever.
    Can you access private servers from the general list when you click on "multiplayer"?
    I think I had 9 or 10 incidents in that event, starting from practice, to qualifying, to the race. It seems pretty ridiculous to boot somebody at 10, when somebody crashing into you counts as an incident.

Can newbies survive on ranked servers? I've a Logitech G29 set up for only a few weeks, and this is my first sim. I'm competent on a real race track in my street car on street tires, but not to the same level of cars and speed as I am doing on the sim.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  6. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    An incident may count as up to 4 penalty points so you need to look at the threshold limit on that server (it tells you when you have an incident how many points the limit is e.g. 4/30.

Incidents in different sessions are wiped after each session, they don´t accumulate.

There are several types of servers; Ranked and unranked official servers (see the menu of events), no password ranked and unranked servers run by players and finally password protected ranked and unranked servers run by players. Some of them count incident points and DQ and others don´t.

You could also have got kicked by the server for too high ping or because the server owner kicked you.

7. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    If you want to improve your driving the best tip I can give you is stay clear of the free content servers.

8. S. FREDRIKSSON

S. FREDRIKSSON Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I think that you should absolutely do multiplayer ranked servers. They are great fun! Incidents are incidents no matter whos "fault" it is. Learn to value your moves and attacks/defends. It is all part of the experience.
    Start at the rookie ones to get a "feel" for it and learn how others drive. Perhaps care more about "incident points" than rankings in the beginning. Because of the ELO system of the ranking, it will take you towards your level the more you run.

9. exicuter

exicuter New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Real incidents are indeed shared blame; this person purposely crashed into me on the long back straight of Racingroom Raceway as I passed them.

Thanks all for the tips. I'll start looking for ranked servers.

10. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    This game doesn't differentiate one from another. Any system like that is bound to be exploited, so the devs decided to give incident points to everyone involved to avoid such abuse while expecting that careful drivers can race clean enough not to drop too low in reputation (reputation = safety rating).

11. Doug Spinster

Doug Spinster Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    It use to happen on my server and to find out the problem was the wrecker prevention caused it. I never used it again on my server and no one got kicked since. It just depends how the hit was and where we figured. That feature cannot judge other then boot you.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020