News (beta) Multiplayer Rankings

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Jan 8, 2020.

1. S. FREDRIKSSON

S. FREDRIKSSON Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I think the wording "Incident points" is right on the mark. It does only measure how incident prone a driver is. Ofcourse it can seem unfair in a single datapoint but in the long run it will definitely do what it is supposed to do.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Just do it by nationality.

If there's no blue in your flag then it's ALWAYS YOUR FAULT.

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    That was a bit weird, everyone randomly started blinking at the end of practice in a Group C ranked race, then I was kicked out in the middle of qualy for high ping. It's kinda strange because my connection seems perfectly fine and I haven't had an issue like this for many years.

4. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    It also happened to almost everyone during the F4 races at Spa yesterday, so it's not a problem on your end.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Something is off for sure, I had really bad lag even with 4 people on the Group C server (I don't remember which one it was), meanwhile the rookie Audi server is fine on full.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Divad Coldhourd

Divad Coldhourd New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I saw that something changed since last time. I saw the servers on the discord and I have a couple of question.
    What is the "permanent" server? Is a combo that stays like, forever?

Also with the starter pack I'm kinda guaranteed to have at least something to race every week?

7. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    "Permanent" in this regard means that as soon as the race is over, the training for the next event will start. You can just stay on the server and drive one event after another. The other servers disappear after the race ends and spawn again at their given times (on the hour and half past the hour). Still the combos change every week after the endurance event, also the "permanent" one.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Divad Coldhourd

Divad Coldhourd New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    So it's like a server that is always open and cycles through the sessions over and over until the week is over

9. Doug Spinster

Doug Spinster Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Yep

10. Herman He

Herman He Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I just lost 16 points on reputation and 93 points on my rating after beeing collected by another car after the kink just before turn 1 on Laguna Seca.
    Seems a bit harsh....

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  11. NicoCL68

NicoCL68 Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone. I have just started with RaceRoom and I find it very interesting. Good graphics and sound and good driving sensations on the track. I just came from competing in iRacing and what I appreciate the most is the online multiplayer competition. I hope this rated system becomes successful and includes machtmaking systems. If so I would be willing to pay a service fee to ensure that S3 can sustain the servers and systems to provide us with a good experience.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Well, I suppose that's one way for S3 to gauge opinions on RaceRoom moving to a subscription model.

;)

13. MattYKee

MattYKee Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely loving the weekly ranked endurance races. But clearing most of these so far is extremely exhausting.
    I would like to have some badge, skin or reward to acknowledge the amount of commitment demanded of the competitors who made it to the end..

• Like Like x 1
  14. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Isn't the reward the fun? Or do you also get a badge at the exit of your gym? :D
    Sorry never understood the virtual badge thing for doing something basic.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. MattYKee

MattYKee Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    If its basic why dont i ever see you on ranked? Or even on the endurance ranked? Infact why should i even bother if thats the case seeing as i dont enjoy some of these combos and races.

Some of those combos are a chore/nightmare. It sucks that theres no lasting record or acknowledgement that you invested in it in our profiles. They acknowledge my fastest speed after all? and my leaderboard entries? So wheres the consistency in the data thats being kept.

16. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    No lasting record? Did you check "ranked multiplayer" tab in your profile?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    As already mentioned by @FeltHλt you along with everybody else can go to your profile and see that you took part in those races, where you qualified and finished, how many incidents you got and how it affected your rating and reputation. On top of that one could filter for certain combinations in your detailed statistics and would find youve driven a lot on a lot of the ranked race combinations. So as far as consistency with the data i dont see any problem.

As far as wanting a reward for taking part i tend to disagree as well. To me the whole ranked multiplayer thing is a gift in that i get to drive against (usually) clean racers without having to enter a league or community first. If things develop further i might be able to just fire up r3e, wait a couple minutes and then have a clean race against drivers of similar skill. Sounds like enough of a reward to me ;)

I do agree that some combos arent fun for everyone but nobodys forcing me to race those so i just wait for a different combo

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    How is reputation used here? I notice only ranking is used (in some, ranked servers), but not sure about reputation.

19. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    check whats written under cars :p

20. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Ok, thanks. Though I never look there, just go to MP in-game and see 'R' servers. OTOH, I don't see Ranking in this view.