Coming back to RaceRoom - encountered steering ratio/degree issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ndwthx1138, Nov 26, 2020.

1. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Sorry as I know this has been covered many times and in many different ways. I even did a couple searches but didn't find what I am seeing -

I took about a 6 month break from RaceRoom.. now that it's all patched up - every car has a 1080 degrees of wheel rotation to get from lock to lock - EVEN if you go into the car settings and change the number to 90 degrees - it ignores that. By default it's take 2 full turns to hit lock on a GT3 car for example, this was certainly not the case before - RR always did a good job of matching real world rotations.

The virtually wheel and the real wheel do match! - so they are one to one.. but regardless of GT3, F1 or LMP car - they all ignore the car setup steering rotation number and all default to 1080

I have a DD2 and have not updated wheel/base since I last used raceroom. If I change the fanatec sensitivity lower then I get radically rotation from the slightest of wheel rotations (meaning if I rotate the physical wheel 10 degree the in game wheel rotates 120-500 degrees near instantly..

Rf2, ACC and Iracing don't have any such issues.

Anyone any ideas? I miss some of the cars and content of RR..

NathanW

2. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Have you set the wheel to "Auto" sensitivity on the wheelbase?

3. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0

I tried both auto and 1080

I also tried to match the car itself

No bueno

4. Larry Foster

Larry Foster Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0