Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. DennisF89

DennisF89 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm playing ACC with an HP Reverb and it's kinda working. Most of the time I get 90FPS, but RRE looks definitly clearer in VR than ACC.
    The GT3 also feel awesome in ACC, but the most fun cars to drive for me are still the TCR cars in RRE

2. Zhenya

Zhenya New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    is there anyone who uses Accuforce in this game?

3. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0

The 2020 GT WORLD CHALLENGE PACK DLC adds a new track, two new cars, more than 60 new liveries and the 2020 GT World Challenge season to Assetto Corsa Competizione. The DLC pack features:

• Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari - Imola
    • Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO 2020
    • Mercedes-AMG GT3 Evo (2020)
    • 60+ new car liveries
    • All 2020 GT WORLD CHALLENGE Drivers and team entries
    • New 2020 Pirelli "DHE" Tyre Model
    • New 2020 GT WORLD CHALLENGE Season BoP

The 2020 GT WORLD CHALLENGE pack also comes with the version 1.6 game update that brings an improved AI algorithm and physics, in addition to some UI and performance improvements. Get ready for the best Assetto Corsa Competizione action ever experienced.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    And Magny-Cours and Zandvoort? *runs for cover*

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Zandvoort is already in ACC...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    But not the actual version.:cool: (*khhhm same applies to RR:D)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    You are talking about the fcked up track that it is now in 2020 ? Then no thx :p

Drove that "thing" in rF2 and quit after a lap :D

8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I'm honest...i have driven it in rF2 and F1 2020 and i quite like it... ^^' You can extend your line so beautifully :D

9. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Wow guys, ACC v1.6.0 introduces a mirror refresh rate option :eek: Can't wait to test it in VR, it was the #1 performance killer in my case.
    Full changelog btw:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...gt-world-challenge-pack-dlc-is-out-now.67336/

Edit: I experimented with it last night and it works great, it is the most significant ACC improvement in VR since I own a headset. The 1/3 mirror refresh rate is still tolerable at 80 Hz, but I went even for the fixed 20 FPS, because I only take glances at the mirror or watch it from the corner of my eye, I never look into it directly for extended periods of time, so a stuttering mirror is an acceptable trade-off in my case for a smoother overall picture. It almost felt strange to have smooth braking zones in the middle of the pack.:D

One thing is still there, if the game has to load a significant amount of new objects, for example when you make a mistake and the cars around you change, or arrive at a part of the circuit with an open view with many trackside objects, the mild stuttering is still there unfortunately, but my experience was much better than before.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  10. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Hi all

I'm looking for some advice while the Steam sales are on... R3E runs perfectly well on my system (specs below).

Any thoughts on how ACC will run on my system? Any advice gratefully received.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

Thanks!!

11. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    ACC won’t run on any system.:D You need a quantum computer.
    My system runs ACC nicely but only on a single screen. When I start using triples I have to tone down the settings way to much. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    There will be, but there is little point in it - graphically it will be blurry and squares.

On my system (listed below) everything works very mediocrely.

13. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    It runs great on my system when I'm on a single screen (1080p), but it's barely tolerable in VR.:p

14. R.Noctua

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Can you send your settings? I do not understand how it can work perfectly on your system.
    1440p or 1080p?

15. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I don´t have it but the first thing that stands out is your older graphics card, which will likely be the main bottleneck.
    In any case, the sale price is good and you can always try it and then ask for a refund if it is too slow or keep it in library for future use.

16. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Uhm, but it should. Here is a single race in rain from a year ago, everything maxed out:

17. Skidmark

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Thanks - I suspected as much. Very happy with R3E so the bells and whistles of ACC will have to wait for my new machine next year.

18. Skidmark

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    I was thinking I might do that... but I suspect it will be a slide show on my old GPU... given what others are saying.

19. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    ACC will only get cheaper as time passes and computer components will get faster so there is no rush if you are not going to upgrade your system short term. RRE will get a feature update next month so that should keep it interesting too.

20. R.Noctua

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Year ago I also played at almost maximum 1080p settings. After switching to 1440p medium/high, mirrors at minimum and trees at minimum. :(

That's right - it's better to run on a new computer than to put up with bad graphics and friezes.

To be honest, I only drive a time attack, as the stuttering on Nurburgring GP has been bothering me for a year now - it started at the end of 2019 and I bought Raceroom.