News Summer 2020 Dev notes

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    No sign of the tilt seat function for triple screen users.. :(
    other than that it all sounds nice. Keep up the good work :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Giangio

Giangio Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    IMG-20200913-WA0001.jpeg

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Giangio

Giangio Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Megane rs wtcr ?

4. TheOutdriver97

TheOutdriver97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Yes, WTCR opened entries up again until mid August for single car entries. O'Keeffe is a wild card and won't return, Young is entered for the full season.

Glad they entered as it looks good for the car making it in game although it might delay release of the WTCR pack further, most 2020 cars just required a re-skin to the latest liveries and tyres, this late entry will need building from scratch.

5. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    At least the livery makers won't be too busy with the Renault...

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Still, I would take an extra car. The Megane looks awesome!

7. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Much time has passed, and almost the end of the year. :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    @keanos It was the first day of summer here yesterday. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Zhenya

Zhenya New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
  10. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    ok it is noted and transmitted
    Thanks

11. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    @
    I don't have this problem for GT3 R or GT3 R 2019
    are you using the default setup for the car ?

12. M. Veloso

M. Veloso Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    hello
    @Hervé45 im having the same issue with the AMG GT3 at Nurburgring GP Fast Chicane, the AI trow the car right away out of the track.
    It could be a combo issue, ive tried already in Brands GP and in Redbull GP with the AMG and it's working properly.
    Or a client side issue. :confused:

13. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    yes there are some difficulties on the leaderboard challenge
    what are your parameters here ?

[​IMG]

14. M. Veloso

M. Veloso Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Im not using the Webhud, but i have my settings this way.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Stil no news about
    • Investigation of driver swap feature - So far it does look like a difficult one for sure and one that will require network code improvements.

16. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Wish people would concentrate on what is coming rather than what's not. :rolleyes:
    Owning a Thrustmaster wheel myself I'm pleased to hear after months of misery, there may well be light at the end of the tunnel, all be it the longest tunnel known to man. What I really want to know is will my graphical woes be coming to an end? The random collection of features and content mentioned above by @J-F Chardon although exciting in part, makes no difference to me if I still can't use RR due to below par fps. RR for me has been unplayable since the Christmas update, will the sparks and smoke glide gracefully across my screen or judder and stall? Every other Sim gives me near 100fps, RR gives me a headache at best. All I can say about it is my graphics card jumps to 100% usage the minute I start RR, something is not right and the solution appears to be to carry on as though there is nothing wrong, I'm not the only sufferer, just the only one to hang around and fight the good fight. I'm loathe to create a ticket as I will have to spend ages going through processes that I've gone through already. I have thrown everything at trying to cure this and NOTHING makes a blind bit of difference. If I lower every graphical setting to it's lowest I still get exactly the same fps, if I put them all to max. still the same fps. RR appears to be sending the wrong info to my GPU, minute I start RR alarm bells start ringing and my GPU goes straight into the red. I have wiped my PC clean twice and gone through the bollox of having to set every Sim up twice and it didn't make a blind bit of difference. The problem is not my PC the problem is RR. Things have now got so bad I've had to return to sodding iRansom, sector3 going to pay my fees? Costing me an arm and a leg, also makes me want to cut the other arm and leg off with a blunt penknife, Jeez I hate iRansom. FML!

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    Its there
    Cockpit perspective shift
    This now works for single and triple screens , the left right function is a flat horizontal plane that moves the whole car
    The up down , is a vertical plane that works in a circular motion ,hense tilting the view , this when used with the up down seat functions gives endless tweaking posibilities

Andi

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    Lots of feedback and thanks , id love to offer advice on your issues but cant
    Please can you add your full system specs to your signature
    Motherboard , ram , cpu , gpu, os , keyboard ,mouse , wheel etc

Andi

19. Skev

Skev Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    That some crazy sounding FPS woes there.
    I run in VR and whilst my settings are predominantly low, FPS is butter smooth. When running 1080p on a monitor, graphics settings can go to max and I get well over 100 FPS.
    I am running an i7 7700k, 16gb 3200 ram and a 2080ti for reference and whilst the GPU is beefy, my processor is 4 years old now.
    You may well have posted more details elsewhere, but seems like an edge case somewhere, otherwise the forum would be full of similar posts.
    How are you running Raceroom (triples?) and what are your specs?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I've read a lot, probably not everything, about your problems with FFB and performance on this forum. And I think it's very odd to say the least. But even if you are not having these problems with any other game/sim, I still don't think that RaceRoom is at fault in this case. And this is just because you are the only person with these exact problems.

Sure, there have been general issues with TM wheels in RaceRoom, but you are still the only person I know of where the usual workarounds didn't help a bit.

A similar thing with the performance issues. Again, sure, there are other people with performance issues, but for you they appear and disappear in such a random way, that I have to say again, that you are the only one I know of with this special error pattern.

I'm afraid the uniqueness of this error pattern will make it hard to even remotely reproduce it for the testers, let alone find a fix for it. I'd like to help you myself, but at this point the only advise I could give you is a complete reinstall of Windows, which you have done already twice as you say. So, there must be something in your overall configuration that doesn't play well with RaceRoom, but has no noticeable effect on any other game/sim for you.

I'm afraid you will have to post your FULL system here for it to be of any use to find the issue. And when I say FULL, I mean ALL hardware and ALL software (with exact version numbers!), any special configurations like overclocking or GSync stuff, special settings in the GPUs control panel and so on. Just everything.

Edit: I forgot to say that obviously there is no guarantee for success in this case. We're talking about PCs and sometimes stuff just will not work together and there is nothing anybody can do about it. :(

• Agree Agree x 1