Competition telemetry data

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fl0wf1r3, Dec 3, 2020.

?

We need telemetry data for competitions, leaderboards

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Hello Sector3, how about telemetry data for competitions, leaderboards? One can see the line of a competitor, but it would nice to compare the data of your one driving with others. It would be really helpful to improve the driving. What do you think about this idea? Perhaps not for every competition (esport excluded or so)

2. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Telemetry for general use but I don't believe the top drivers should have to give up their data, so personal data, yes, getting every ones data, no.

3. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, a bit unclear from my side, I'm not talking about setup specific things, only pedals and acceleration, braking, thinks we see in the line overlay already, but as graph

4. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Competitors generally don't hand their telemetry to each other in real racing, so I don't think they should have to in sim-racing either. What we already have could be compared to the rough data teams are able to glean from GPS tracks and Eyeball Mk1, so I think that's enough. Exact graphs would, in my opinion, be too much.

5. Ridge Racer

Ridge Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I desperately want to be able to export data to motec or even some basic in-game information (imo the biggest thing missing from this sim other than an acceptable in-game chat, stops a lot of people I ask to join from committing), but most drivers would not share their inputs and braking points with others.

6. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    most drivers are not every driver ^^ and the braking points are already there, when you display the line of others, just another way of displaying it. But "most drivers" are always at the top, and the information won't make you automatically a top of driver, same things with setups. They are always the same people at the top anyway