Problem Animation

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by race70, Dec 3, 2020.

1. race70

race70 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dear developers, why in the game, not all cars have an animation of driver shifting up and down gears?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    What cars miss such animation?

3. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    I think all cars with paddles. Once upon I asked @J-F Chardon and he answered this engine is not capable of this.

4. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    Kinda expected such answer :p but who knows, maybe he has an issue with h shifter/seq car :rolleyes:

5. race70

race70 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Некоторые машины имеют анимацию переключения, а некоторые-нет. Если вы будете внимательны во время игры, вы заметите. В видео это есть и у стримеров. Это проблема игры

6. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Huh? The engine can handle animating an arm to move all the way to a stick shift and back again, but can't animate fingers moving a couple of centimetres? o_O

7. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Give it a try and have a look, even latest content like DTM 2020. Sadly I cannot find neither question nor answer. Is it just delusion?:oops: OMG I'm getting old.:eek:

8. race70

race70 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

9. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Come on guys - this isn't so difficult. All cars which are shifted with some kind of stick - be it H-pattern or sequential - do have an animation, everything paddle shifted doesn't. And this is surely not due to the engine not being capable to do so for the reasons @Goffik already stated. Most probably it's just because the devs thought it's not necessary to have another animation of which you can't see most part anyways as it happens behind the wheel.

If this really is of any concern, I'd like to have your problems... :-D

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    I do not have a problem at all, please do not make one out of this.
    It was asked, why some cars have no animation for shifting and I answered as I remember. Sadly search function doesn't reach back far enough in this forum. But I don't care, because it's not worth it.

11. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, I didn't mean you. Should have made this clearer... ;-)

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  12. race70

race70 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looks like an underdog mod

13. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    While we are at this. Driving in VR with a H shift pattern always leads to at least some out of synch real and virtual arm movement, thats inevitable without some hand tracking system. I've been thinking that maybe shortening the shift animation would improve the immersion just a little bit? Right now, the virtual driver keeps his hand on the lever for quite a long time after the shift, while my own hand is back on the wheel much, much earlier. Shortening this resting time would help match both movements to some degree, at least after the shift, hopefully with a little to non effort.

I know it also comes down to personal preferences, as some may drive with the hand resting on the lever all the time as well, and any change in animation duration wont make it closer to solving this out of synch problem.

VR users, what do you think?