Released Watkins Glen International

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Dec 4, 2020.

1. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Can I get an Amen on Mosport (aka CTMP) and our friends to the north?

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  2. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    Great news. This will be the first thing that I have bought from R3E in many months. I cannot wait to turn some laps there.

3. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Road Atlanta :hearteyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  4. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Ssssweeeeet choice, very much so! :blush:

5. MaxTN70

MaxTN70 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Great news. Now we need also Jaguar group C to complete the rooster :p

• Like Like x 2
  6. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    Ooooooo I love this one! Awesome track :)
    Now I feel bad for having spent all my VRPs on the Black Friday sale... would have saved some for this track if I knew it was coming.

7. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Nice to see this track is coming to Raceroom. I really like this track.:D

• Like Like x 1
  8. krimmler

krimmler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Treams come true, Daytona, now Watkins Glen, I love it :).

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. David tabone

David tabone Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    i only know this track cause of nascar and marcos ambrose winning in the cup race years ago. i hope atleast a new aussie track comes soon

10. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    There's got to be an age restriction with this sort of stuff. This can't be a PEGI 3 title. Watkins Glen, with the roster of cars that's in RaceRoom qualifies as a narcotic, right? :p

• Funny Funny x 5
  11. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Looking forward to Sebring..;)

• Like Like x 7
  12. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    One quick query, I thought the reason Brands was never coming to RR, (unless a relevant series raced there) was because a relevant series doesn't race there? C'mon we all know Nascar is not relevant and certainly not to RR, so is WG coming just because the odd sports car races there or peer pressure, nope can't be that, so old historical tracks are fine, as long as they don't rhyme with Grand Snatch. :rolleyes:
    Let's just hope that this may be the start of some historical content warming the cockles of the older section of RR users. What a choice there is, a smorgasbord of iconic cars/tracks just waiting to be driven!

13. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It doesn't always work that way, it's true that a lot of the tracks we get are linked to or come as part of a series deal but there is always room for other negotiations. I suppose it's money that talks, but to that end if there is clearly a desire for a certain track among users the business decision becomes easier. *All my own musings, I am not privy to the business dealings of RR in any way.

14. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    How often still?;)
    Dear Sector3Studios, if you'd release Brands Hatch GP, I'd buy it immediately!:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Lol some things will never happen

16. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    The only thing we need to fully enjoy this track is the long wanted tilt seat ability for us triple screen users.:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. RIZZI

RIZZI Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    [QUOTE = "GooseCreature, post: 213047, membre: 1467"] Une question rapide, je pensais que la raison pour laquelle Brands ne venait jamais à RR, (à moins qu'une série pertinente y ait couru) était qu'une série pertinente ne s'y déroule pas? Allez, nous savons tous que Nascar n'est pas pertinent et certainement pas pour RR, de même que WG vient juste parce que les courses de voitures de sport bizarres là-bas ou la pression des pairs, non ne peut pas être cela, donc les anciennes pistes historiques vont bien, tant qu'elles ne rime pas avec Grand Snatch.:rouler des yeux:
    Espérons simplement que cela pourrait être le début d'un contenu historique réchauffant les coques de l'ancienne section des utilisateurs de RR. Quel choix il y a, une panoplie de voitures / circuits emblématiques qui ne demandent qu'à être conduits! [/ QUOTE]
    I'm not sure if I can correctly interpret your comments about the NASCAR, I understand that the NASCAR has no place on the race room, everyone has their point of view and the developers have a lot of work!
    However, by offering nascar, I think the American community would be interested and also Europeans
    The only games to offer are rf2 and iracing, why not race room?
    I do not control the economic aspect and the return on investment as for the Nascar for Race room but you never know!

18. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Nice idea, but nothing of this modern trash please. I would prefer a classic car from the early 1990s - part of the golden NASCAR Cup era. An official NASCAR license is too expensive for R3E, but the manufacturers licenses and similar paint schemes should be possible, if there is a Sector 3 will for cars like these ... maybe as a "Stock Car Raceroom powered by Chevrolet & Ford" (already available car manufacturers in R3E)

01-1572288646469@2x.jpg 03-1572288648007@2x.jpg 14-1572288684789@2x.jpg 20-1572288697297@2x.jpg 16-1572288688705@2x.jpg 18-1572288692920@2x.jpg
    ... best working place in the early 1990s!

More information about the car: https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0120-397372/1994-chevrolet-lumina-nascar/

#MoreClassicCarsForR3E #MoreRetroCarsForR3E

• Like Like x 4
  19. RIZZI

RIZZI Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    As I said I do not know the investment for the NASCAR, but see the few people on the American servers for hungaroring for example.
    If we want to stay between Europeans, we might as well close the American servers on the European circuits!
    I do not know the Economic policy of R3e, I closed the thread of the discussion for my part, because everyone has their point of view, and mine is not THE TRUTH either!

20. Joel Willstein

Joel Willstein Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I'm thrilled to have any and all versions of The Glen. We have Daytona, and now the Glen, so it sure seems that Sebring and finally Road Atlanta should be next.

Joel

• Like Like x 2